Chapter Eleven

Elena just looked at the blonde even more confused "what does that even mean?"

Cassie just grinned at her with a mischievous look in her eyes... "what do you think it means Elena? You never have been very bright... sorry that was rude but true. Honestly, Care is the only reason I ever even put up with you."

"So, what are you then? A Vampire?" Elena questioned, sounding sure that was the answer.

Cassie just shook her head a smirk making its way onto her face "better... try Demi-Goddess, my birth father is a Norse God, Thor, God of Thunder, where the hell do you think I've been for the past two years?" she goes to answer but Cassie held a hand up "Don't answer that I was being rhetorical." Once again the blonde didn't see the issue in telling her this since she was going to be dead by the end of the night.

Then Cassie just backs, into the shadows once again, she had to make herself known for a minute so that they knew that they weren't alone.

Klaus walks over to Jenna's circle "Hello Jenna" Elena and Jenna both stand up looking at Klaus and Elena is trying to get him to let Jenna go "Let her go. I understand that I have to die, but she doesn't!" Elena gets closer to the flames making them flare up and she steps back.

"Careful there."

Jenna looks at her "Elena don't."

Elena looks at her aunt "No, Jenna! We can't leave Jeremy without a family." She turns to Klaus "I followed your rules; I did everything that you asked. I didn't run. Please."

A noise was heard upon the ridge, "well, well," Klaus looked up at the ridge "I don't recall you being on the guest list." 'Well, Stefan's here to save his girl's aunt or at least try to because Nik has made his mind up about using Jenna.'

Elena and Jenna both look up and Elena is surprised to see Stefan "I'm here to talk."

Klaus smirks "Very well, then." then Klaus looks at Jenna for a moment then vamp-speeds up to the top of the cliff and walks calmly towards Stefan. Cassie is listening from her spot in the shadows waiting for her moment, if need be, to come out. "What can I do for you, Mr. Salvatore?"

Stefan and Klaus are still conversing on the clifftop. Elena and Jenna continue to look up at them, patiently waiting to figure out what's happening. But Cassie, on the other hand, can hear what they are saying.

The blonde alien smirked as Stefan was talking to Klaus "You don't need to kill Jenna. I'll take her place."

Cassie could clearly hear the smirk in Klaus' voice "Oh, I don't know. I rather appreciate the symmetry of three women" Klaus starts to walk around Stefan. "Three goddesses-- Sacrificed at nature's altar."

Elena whispers to Jenna "What are they saying?"

Jenna shakes her head at Elena "I can't-I can't make it out."

"You can do this. Just relax. Focus." Elena encouraged.

Stefan turns around to face Klaus "Don't play games with me. You'll get what you want either way."

"I can hear him. I hear Stefan."

Elena looks at her "What are they saying?"

"You're quite the hero, aren't you? I've heard that about you."

Stefan isn't playing around though "Just make the trade. Me for Jenna."

Jenna obviously heard Stefan say that you can tell by her reaction "Oh, my god."

Elena looks at Jenna "What is it?" "He wants to take my place."

Elena looks at Jenna, horrified, then looks up at Stefan.

Jenna looks at her "Elena..."

Elena shakes her head "I have to do something. This can't happen. None of it."

Cassie smirks once again coming out of the shadows "you really don't have a choice"

Klaus and Stefan walk back down the cliff towards them, the soon-to-be hybrid looks at Elena "Quite the predicament. You know, it's funny, all this talk about preserving family, and here's Stefan, granting your wish."

Elena looks at her boyfriend sadly "Stefan..."

He just looks at her "It's okay."

Klaus smirked looking at Elena "well." He points a stake between Jenna and Stefan "Who's it going to be, Elena?"

Elena shakes her head "No."

"Oh, don't worry. There's actually no choice."

Cassie gave her a look "see I told you... you didn't have a choice."

Klaus vamp speeds around Stefan and stakes him in the back. Stefan screams in pain and crumbles to the ground. Elena looks at him wide-eyed "No! Stefan! No!" Then Klaus rips the stake, out of Stefan's back, breaking a piece off, leaving a sizable chunk of wood in his back.

The original looked at Elena "I have other plans for your boyfriend. I want him alive. But for now..." Klaus snaps Stefan's neck causing Stefan to fall, disgracefully, to the ground. Elena gasps in shock.

Klaus goes to get Jenna, who then tried to escape but as Cassie said, she failed after attacking Greta, Klaus stabbed the stake through her back and then pulled it out and flipped her over stabbing it into her heart effectively killing her.

Elena cries out "No! Jenna, No!" Elena cries in earnest now. Jenna's body starts to become grey and decayed. Klaus releases the stake from his grasp and stands up. Jenna lays lifeless on the stone with the stake through her heart.

Greta begins chanting the next part of the spell. Klaus is by her side. Then Greta pours Jenna's blood into the bowl and Nik smirks and walks to Elena "It's time"

The circle of fire disappears from around Elena. Elena looks up at him. Klaus extends his hand toward her. Elena gets up from the ground and walks past Klaus, ignoring him. Elena makes her way to the altar and looks down at Jenna's body. Klaus follows her up to the altar and grabs Elena's face in his hand. "Thank you, Elena."

She glares "Go to Hell."

Klaus sinks his fangs into her neck and starts to drain Elena of her blood.

Cassie notices as Stefan watches on, helplessly. Klaus holds Elena tightly as his eyes start to sprout more veins. Elena's eyelids flutter and her eyes roll into the back of her head and she dies. Klaus releases her and Elena falls to the ground. Blood drips from Klaus' mouth and the flame in the bowl is extinguished. Elena's body lays lifeless and Stefan stares at her, sadly, and lowers his head to the ground. Klaus breathes heavily and walks down the stone steps.