Chapter Sixty-Seven

1x14
Long Way Back From Hell

Cassie woke up the next morning and she got dressed and walked out of her room heading downstairs she sees Elijah and Marcel talking so Cassie walked over and joined them as Marcel said "They're putting eyes and ears out everywhere. Daywalkers are working every contact we've got. Cops, dock workers, guys in the Treme... Word is out: anyone trying to earn favor with me gets a lifetime of it if they find them."

Cassie looked between them confused, she had only known that Klaus was missing "them?"

Elijah looked at her "Rebekah has been taken as well." Then he looked at Marcel "I need a pen and paper." then Elijah walked away, Marcel rolled his eyes but followed him and Cassie was walking behind Marcel.

Marcel gave the Original a look "Hey, am I taking orders from you now, or are we in this together?"

Elijah took his jacket off and gave the younger vampire an annoyed look "Pen and paper, Marcellus. Now!" Marcel walked out of the room to do as Elijah asked.

Cassie gave him a look "what's happening Lijah?" The suited original started taking his shirt off and Cassie noticed the names written all over him "what is this?"

He looked at his brother's soulmate " when Marcel gets back I need you to make a list of all of these names."

Cassie nodded "okay, sure Lijah."

Hayley walked into the study "I heard voices, Elijah, you're back." then she noticed that he was shirtless and with names tattooed on him. "What's all of this?" Hayley is reading some of the names while they waited for Marcel so Cassie could make the list for Elijah "Sabine? Elijah, what's going on?"

He looked at the two girls " I believe they represent the names of the women Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries."

Marcel reentered the room handing the paper and pen to Cassie, she nodded at him in thanks and started making the list, "It's called a Devinette. It's old school. Kind of a riddle. Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it, and it disappears."

Hayley looked at the vampire " Why? What's the point?"

Elijah looked over at the werewolf "Celeste forced me to make a choice between yourself and my siblings, and now she means to mock that choice, taunting me with a childish game. The longer the game, the more they suffer. To find Klaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names."

Cassie finished the list and handed it to Elijah "there you go... now let's see if we can't solve this and find Nik and Bekah."

Elijah nodded at her "thanks Cass."

Marcel was reading the names and looked at the suited original "The name next to Sabine... Annie La Fleur, she's the witch that was shunned from her coven just over a year ago. Never knew why, but I can find out."

***

Cassie had refused to let the two vampires go without her, she wanted to help in whatever way she could, Elijah had disagreed with her but in the end, she won so they three were walking through the neighborhood where Annie lived after she was shunned. Once there, they were able to speak to someone who knew her from the coven.

The man looked at the trio "Annie was a good girl. The witches did her wrong, shunning her like that-- claiming she was doing dark magic. There's no way. But, they had proof. So, she just quit, and I can't really blame her for that. 'Cause once you've been shunned, what's the point in going on, you know?"

After they were done there they headed back to the French Quarter and Elijah was on the phone explaining what they had found out to Hayley.

After his call with Hayley Cassie and Elijah met back up with Marcel at The Pit, she wasn't quite sure why they were there but if it helped find Klaus and Rebekah she didn't really care all that much at the moment.