Chapter Thirty-Four

Cassie pouts at Kol, who had just informed her what Klaus had told him when he talked to him a few minutes ago, "It's only been a week and he needs us again?"

Kol smiled at her, thinking that the pout on her face was adorable "yes Cass he needs us to go to Denver and keep an eye on Baby Gilbert in case he needs to make the doppelganger and her friends cooperate, Nik said to befriend him."

Cassie sighs, she was really hoping that they would have more time but duty calls, "I was hoping for longer but fine... and befriending him won't be hard because he knows who I am already."

Cassie smirks pulling out her phone and calling the airport in Richmond where they left the Bugatti "Yes, Hi I have my car in your long-stay parking lot, ID Number 2236780 and I would like to have the car sent to the Airport in Denver, Colorado, we land there in 6 hours and our flight has a layover there and it will be three hours before we get on the next plane and I would rather drive than sit in an airport for three unnecessary hours, you can bill it to the credit card that the flight was booked on."

"Of course yes ma'am we will get right on that and it should be there before your flight lands, thank you for traveling with us" Cassie grinned as she hangs the phone up.

Kol laughed giving his soulmate a look "I can't believe you did that..." he trailed off before he gave her a teasing look "wait I take that back I can believe that you are having them send the Bugatti to us in Denver."

Cassie shrugs as they board the jet "well I haven't even got to drive it yet and I'm using this as an opportunity to drive her." Kol shook his head at her but at he had a fond smile on his face.

Six Hours Later

Cassie and Kol exited the jet at the airport in Denver and as told the car was waiting for them when they landed Cassie smirked grabbing the keys from the valet guy as Kol put the things in the trunk of the car.

Cassie climbed into the driver's side with a smile on her face, she starts the car and smirks at the purr of the engine "ahhh music to my ears" Kol laughs and she pulls out of the airport parking lot.

Cassie and Kol have been in Denver for a few days with Kol befriending the Gilbert boy as requested they were in the park when Kol's phone rang Cassie smiles answering it as Kol is talking to Jeremy " Kol. How's the weather up there in Mile High City? And how's our friend? May I see him?"

Cassie smirked, "It's Cassie but sure."

She flips the phone so that Klaus can see Jeremy playing with his dog as Kol, makes his way back over to her and sits down beside Cassie, Kol smirks hearing his brother talking to someone "There's Jeremy, playing fetch with his new puppy. Oh, isn't that just the most adorable thing you've ever seen?"

Cassie smirks as well as Klaus addresses them again "Thank you, Cassie, Kol, we'll be in touch." then he hangs up the phone.

Cassie has her head laying on Kol's shoulder as they watch the Gilbert boy play with the puppy some more "after we finish our tour of the world let's go back to Asgard for a little while, I miss my other family."

Kol smiles down at her "whatever you want to do my darling." And it was true he would do absolutely anything for her if she wanted him to. 

***
Next chapter we go back into the episodes with 3x19 Heart of Darkness. I am dreading getting into Season 4 and you guys are so not ready for what I have planned, not ready at all, I'm not ready and I already know what's gonna happen.