Chapter Fifty-Four

Cassie lays across her bed about an hour later and Astrid comes in, "alright baby sis spill, what did you find out?"

Cassie sits up looking at her sister "Well I went to the library to do some research I was there for a few hours, but I found this book, it's big, old and written in Latin so basically what the book said is this harvest ritual is used to appease the witches' ancestors by giving them an offering of power in exchange for the Ancestors strengthening the coven's connection to their magic, which weakens over time. The offering is meant to prove the coven's faith, not only in the harvest ritual but in the ancestors themselves and the Ancestral Magic that their coven's witches, living and dead, practice. To prove this faith, the coven sacrifices four young witch girls who are put in a for the duration of the harvest ritual, where they were taught magic and indoctrinated to have faith in the ancestral witch cause while they were in limbo. After each sacrifice, the power of the recently-deceased witch would pass on to the next living girl... they sacrifice young girls for power, yeah they are supposed to come back when the process is done but still, that's messed up..... Anyway, I think that Davina is one of the Harvest Girls and that she absorbed all three of the other girl's powers, but Marcel saved her before they could finish and that's why she's so powerful.... and if Kol has taught me one thing about Midgardian magic... it's that no witch can handle that much magic it will kill her if she can't control it."

Astrid looks at her sister, "have I ever mentioned how much I hate most Midgardian witches?"

Cassie chuckles at her sister, "yes Sissy, you've mentioned it a few times."

The older blonde nods, "good because I do... it's things like that that make me hate them."

Cassie rolls her eyes "yeah I know that feeling.... at the moment I only like two of them Davina and Isabella she's the witch that owes me a favor"

Astrid looks at her, "what did you do for her to owe you a favor?"

Cassie smiles remembering "Kol and I saved her life in Barcelona, and she said that she owed us and if we ever needed a favor from a witch to give her a call and she would do it no matter what it was, so I called it in on her bringing Kol back to life, she said she has to track down a particular spell, but she's working on finding it"

Astrid smiles, noticing the happy look on her sister's face, "well at least you know you're gonna get him back"

Cassie smiles "yeah, and I hope it's before our daughter is born, but if not that's okay too"

Astrid laughs, "you really think it's a girl?"

Cassie nods "yep, I have a feeling and I know what I want to name her too but that my darling sister is a surprise."

Astrid chuckles, "of course, it is baby sis... get some rest, we'll talk more tomorrow."

The older blonde smiled, kissing her sister on the head, "night sissy."

Astrid smiled down at her "night baby" and then the older blonde walked out of the room and into her own room.

After the door shut, Cassie held her hands up, putting a soundproof bubble around her room like she does every night, so the others won't hear her talking to herself pretty much.

Cassie turned over on her side looking at the urn on her bedside table "I miss you so much, but it's okay because I know that I'll get you back, and when I do, I won't ever let anything take you from us again, I had some adjustments made to the ring, and now I'm the only one that can remove it... Once you come back, I'll have it adjusted again to where only the two of us can remove it."

Kol smiles at his soulmate from the other side even though she can't see him "I miss you too Cass, so much you just can't see me even though I'm right here watching over you" he lays a hand on her cheek and caresses her face.

He watches her lay on her back and rests both hands on her stomach, "you still can't understand me, but I still don't care, and I'm still gonna talk to you, it's gonna be okay... I promise everything is gonna be okay."

Kol is watching her confused because he doesn't know who she's talking to... he knows that she doesn't know that he's there what could she be talking about, and who could she be talking to? He sees her smile as she feels the slight flutter against her hands.

"You seem to like the sound of my voice, even if you don't understand what I'm saying yet" she smiles again and Kol is still watching her confused. "I promise that I will never let anything happen to you baby girl and I never break a promise if I can help it" she closes her eyes with a small smile on her face, her hands still resting on her stomach.

Kol is still watching her from the Other Side, trying to figure out what's going on with his soulmate... and then it hits him, and he stares at her wide-eyed, "Oh my god."

***
Kols face when he realized Cassie was pregnant

***Kols face when he realized Cassie was pregnant