Chapter Forty-Three

Astrid pulls up to the house and cuts the car off "this the place?" Cassie nods at her sister "yep sissy this is the place" Cassie grabs the two duffel bags out of the back one belonging to her the other one belonging to Kol.

Cassie walks into the house with Astrid following behind her they get upstairs and Cassie stops in front of her and Kol's room and looks at her sister "there's an empty room next door if you want to use it"

Astrid smiles at her "I'd rather not leave you alone right now" Cassie nods "all right then" and opens the door and the two walk into the room. Cassie sits the bags on the bed, opening one she grabs some clothes out of it, and then she opens the other one and pulls one of Kol's shirts out of it and she looks at her sister "I'm going to take a shower"

Astrid nods "okay I'll be right here when you get done" then she takes a seat in the chair in the room as Cassie walks into the bathroom.

Cassie turns the shower on letting it warm up a bit before she strips out of her clothes and steps in letting the warm water cascade down her body she sighs just letting the water run over her for a little while just thinking about everything that's happened in the past two days.

After a while, she decides to actually shower instead of just letting the water run over her. after she finishes she steps out of the shower and dries off and gets dressed, she puts the shirt on she pulls it up to her nose, and takes in the scent of Kol that is still present in the shirt and she walks out of the bathroom and she sits the duffle bags on the floor and collapses back on the bed.

She turns her head and looks at her sister "you know he called me before he went over there, he didn't tell me where he was going through said he'd meet me by the car at 7:30 and then we were gonna leave town.... at least the last thing that I said to him before we hung up was that I loved him, that was the last thing he heard me say"

Astrid smiles at her about to answer but there's a knock at the door, Cassie nods at her sister and she gets up and opens the door "Klaus?" he nods Astrid opens the door and lets him in he smiles at Cassie "Figured you might want this" he holds up the MP3 player that she had gotten Kol, Cassie gets up and takes it from him "thanks" she holds the burned music player to her chest.

Then he holds up the urn with his brother's ashes in it "and I know you'll take good care of this" Cassie drops the mp3 player onto the bed and takes the urn out of Klaus' hands and she smiles at him tears welling up in her eyes "thank you Nik" he smiles at her nodding to the urn in her hands "there is no one else I'd trust more with those than you Cass"

He walks out of the room and Astrid closes the door behind him, Cassie sits the urn on the empty table beside the bed along with the mp3 player and tears start rolling down her face again her sister wraps her arms around her comforting her the best that she can.

***
The next chapter will be a bit of a time jump not much maybe like a week or so and it will be going into 4x19 Pictures of You and the events that happen will change the way everything happens after that at least in TVD like I said TO will happen the way it's supposed to and we also get Cassie's revenge so there's that to look forward to.