Chapter Fifty-Five

Cassie sighed walking into the Doctor's office on Friday for the check-up that Astrid scheduled for her, the older blonde is waiting in the car.

Cassie wanted to do this one on her own, but unknown to her, she wasn't on her own because Kol was right there with her just like he had been since he found out that she was having his baby.

Even though Cassie doesn't know it, Kol hadn't left her side since finding out the news. He doesn't want to leave her side, he wants to be able to watch her, even though he wishes he was alive to watch this.

Cassie filled out the paperwork that was given to her, and she took a seat in the waiting room, waiting to see Doctor Murphy, she's supposed to be the best which is why Astrid chose her to be the Doc Cassie went to for check-ups on the baby.

She waited for about 30 minutes before the nurse called her back to see Doctor Murphy. "If you will just hop up on the seat there, I'll take your vitals and then Doctor Murphy will be in to see you" Cassie took the seat as she was instructed, and she let the nurse do her thing.

The nurse wrote down her vital signs and smiled at the girl, "all right now, Doctor Murphy will be in shortly to check on things with the little one."

Cassie smiled back at the nurse, "thank you" the nurse nodded at her, exiting the room.

Cassie let out a sigh, leaning back in the chair she was sitting in.

A little while later the door opens and a brunette doctor walks in with a smile "Hello Ms. Forbes I am Doctor Murphy and I will be taking care of you throughout the duration of your pregnancy" Cassie smiled at her "Hi"

The doc washed her hands in the sink in the room, "is it just you or is there a father in the picture?"

Cassie sighs sadly, "There was up until about two months ago... My fiancé was killed two weeks before I found out... he never even got to know I was pregnant."

The doctor smiles sadly at the blonde, "I'm sorry to hear that."

Cassie nods "yeah, it's been a rough adjustment" she lays her hand on her stomach "but she's helped me through it."

Doctor Murphy smiles, "so you've been told the gender?"

Cassie gives her a small smile, "no, but I don't know how to explain, but it's like I just know that I'm having a girl."

She smiles at the blonde, "it's not uncommon for the mothers to be able to predict what the baby is going to be"

Cassie smiles as they prep her for an ultrasound, Doctor Murphy smiles at the girl while doing the ultrasound, "so have you picked out a name for the baby yet?" Cassie smiles "yeah Nikoletta Astra Elizabeth"

"That's a beautiful name, what were your inspirations?"

Cassie can't help but smile "well her first name is inspired by one of her uncles Nik and her father whose name was Kol and her middle names were inspired by three people her aunt Astrid and my biological mother whose name was Astra and then Elizabeth is after the woman who raised me after my biological mother died."

Unknown to the blonde, Kol was smiling at her name choice for their daughter, wishing he could be there to hold her hand through this.

The doc smiles at her "that's beautiful" then she turns her attention to the machine with a smile "14 weeks along and there you are that is your baby, everything seems to be perfectly fine, and the heartbeat is strong." Cassie smiles at the screen, seeing her baby slightly move, "let me get those ultrasound pictures printed out for you and we will get your next appointment scheduled."

Cassie nods at the woman, "thank you."

She smiles and hands Cassie the printed pictures "there are your ultrasound pictures and if you will follow me we will get you set up for your next check-up" Cassie follows her out of the room they stop at the desk before you go back out into the waiting room "okay so If you want we can do another checkup in four weeks which would be 18 weeks in the pregnancy, and we could for sure tell the gender of your baby then."

Cassie smiles at her, "that would be perfect."

The doctor nods "alright" she fills out an appointment card and hands it to Cassie "Okay Ms. Forbes you are free to go"

Cassie smiled at her one more time, "thank you."

Then she walked out of the doctor's office and climbed into the passenger seat of Astrid's car, the older blonde looked at her, "well how did it go?"

Cassie smiled at her, "everything is perfectly fine with the baby I'm 14 weeks along and my next appointment is in four weeks, and we will for sure know the gender by the next checkup."

The older blonde nods happy with the report "good now let's get back to the house"

Cassie nods at her sister, "let's go"