Chapter Four

TVD
2x08 and 2x09

Then Trevor tried to kiss up to Elijah "I've waited so long for this day, Elijah. I'm truly, very sorry."

But Elijah isn't having it "Oh no, your apology is not necessary." But he just keeps talking "Yes, yes, it is. You trusted me with Katerina, and I failed you."

Elijah looks at him "Oh yes, you are the guilty one and Rose aided you because she was loyal to you and that now I honor. Where was your loyalty?"

"I beg your forgiveness," Trevor begs for his life even if he isn't aware that this is his end.

"So granted." Trevor smiles but Elijah smacks Trevor's head clean off his body. Rose cries. Elena is shocked.

Cassie bit her lip, a bored look on her face "god that was so predictable... I mean even I saw that coming"

Elijah cracks a small smile at the blonde "you sound just like him."

While Elena looks at her friend's older sister wide-eyed like she forgot Cassie was there and knowing Elena she probably did forget that the blonde was with her.

Rose looks ready to attack Elijah "You...!"

But he holds up a hand "Don't, Rose, now that you are free."

Then the original looked at Cassie and Elena "come," Rose wouldn't have gotten very far anyway, Cassie may have just met Elijah, but he was her soulmate's brother, and she feels a need to protect him because of his relation to her soulmate, she would feel like that with any of his siblings. Rose may think she had the upper hand, but she was sorely mistaken.

Especially now that Cassie was back on Midgard... she has been exposed to the Earth's yellow sun which gives the blonde alien, her powers from her biological mother. Cassie's birth mother was a Kryptonian, making her more than just some demigoddess, she's an actual hybrid, the first and last of her kind, Asgardian and Kryptonian, and nobody outside of Asgard and Kol knows about that, not even Liz or Caroline are aware of that little tidbit of information.

But Elena stops, trying to stall to give Stefan and Damon time to get there "No, what about the moonstone?"

Elijah looks at her surprised "What do you know about the moonstone?"

"I know that you need it and I know where it is."

Elijah looks at her expectantly "Yes?"

"I can help you get it."

"Tell me where it is."

Elena shakes her head "It doesn't work that way."

He looks at her with a raised eyebrow "Are you negotiating with me?"

Then he looks at Rose, she shakes her head "It's the first I've heard of it."

Then he looks at Cassie, who shrugs "I don't know anything about a moonstone" he turns back to Elena and tries to compel her, but it doesn't work, Cassie is watching this thinking 'she's either wearing vervain or ingesting it... But this being Elena it's probably the first one. She isn't smart enough to know that ingesting it is better.'

Elijah looks at her "what is this vervain doing around your neck?" Then he pulls the necklace off and throws it to the side.

Cassie tsks at her "everyone knows you ingest vervain, not wear it" Elena looks at her wide-eyed. Making Cassie roll her eyes at the brunette "yes Elena I know."

Then Elijah compels her "Tell me where the moonstone is." And Elena has no choice but to tell him where it is "In the tomb, underneath the church ruins."

Elijah compels her again "What is it doing there?"

"It's with Katherine."

"Interesting."

They hear glass breaking from a different part of the house and Cassie knows that it's the rescue party aka Stefan and Damon, there to save Elena, the girl they are both so clearly in love with.

Elijah looks at Rose "What is that?"

She shrugs "I don't know."

"Who else is in this house?"

"I don't know." And she really doesn't know who it is at least not right this minute, but Cassie is sure she will know at a later date. Elijah grabs Elena's arm and they walk into the other room, but Cassie stays put not wanting to get discovered by Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

Cassie is listening in on the conversation but keeping herself hidden, she wants to talk to Elijah once this is over and everybody else is gone. Stefan and Damon are moving around them with their super speed. Elijah throws Elena in Rose's arms.

Elijah gave Rose a look "Rose."

"I don't know who it is." She tells him honestly.

"Up here." Came Stefan's voice from upstairs. Elijah goes up the stairs with his super speed.

Then Damon's voice came from back downstairs. "Down here."

Where Cassie is out of sight she doesn't know what's happening right now... she sighed 'if only I could see through the wall... oh that's right I have x-ray vision and I can do just that,' so Cassie used her x-ray vision to look through the wall and she sees Elijah get a stake to the hand, but it doesn't even faze him he just pulls it back out.

The blonde also noticed that Rose and Elena aren't in his sight anymore which she knew meant that the boys had them "Excuse me. To whom it may concern, you're making a great mistake if you think that you can beat me. You can't. Do you hear that?"

Cassie watches as Elijah breaks a wooden coat rack into a stake, she grinned 'Ohhh it's about to go down.' Cassie is such a whore for drama, she fully blames that on her uncle Loki.

Then Elena appears on the stairs "I'll come with you, just please don't my friends, they just wanted to help me out."

Elijah goes up the stairs with his super speed. He has the stake in his hand. "What game are you playing with me?"

Elena throws the vervain bomb in his face. It explodes. His skin burns but he heals immediately. He goes toward Elena, but Stefan arrives and shoots him with the compressed air weapon. It doesn't hurt him, so Stefan throws the weapon, rushes at Elijah, and tackles him. They fall down the stairs. Elijah gets up immediately, but Stefan stays on the floor. He goes toward Stefan, but Damon appears and stakes Elijah. He pushes him against the door. Elijah is dead and is pinned to the door with the stake. Rose sees it and leaves. Damon tries to follow her, but Elena stops him "Just let her go."

Cassie blinked and stopped using her x-ray vision and now she's just waiting for the three of them to leave.