Chapter Twenty-Three

TVD
3x05

Caroline gave her sister a look "What's your problem with Elena all of a sudden? And you still could have warned them without telling them about how you knew it and they could have been more prepared."

Cassie rolled her eyes once again "I've always had a problem with her, but I kept my mouth shut because I'm a good sister and I didn't want to upset you because she's one of your best friends, but you got pulled into the middle of all this supernatural crap because of her. Maybe I didn't want to warn them... did you happen to think about that?"

She gave the older blonde a look "I thought you didn't care about me being a vampire? So, you were completely cool with letting her just die in some weird creepy ritual sacrifice?"

Cassie let out a breath "I don't care about that Care, but I'm just saying that if it wasn't for Elena none of it would have happened... if I cared about that it would be a little hypocritical of me because well my soulmate is a vampire, an original vampire at that, so how would that make sense if I cared about you being a vampire but didn't care about him being a vampire? Yeah, pretty much, in case it hasn't been made clear enough in this conversation I don't like her and only put up with her for you."

Caroline huffed "I don't know, okay? I also don't know what's going on with you... you disappear for three months with no notice but a note saying you're going out of town for a while and then just come back all buddied up with Klaus... like he didn't try and kill everybody beside you and mom that I care about and let's not forget he was going to kill me too."

Cassie rolled her eyes, she loves the girl to death, she really does but right now Caroline was wearing on her patience, "okay first off I was only with Klaus for like the two days it took to get to Pensacola then Kol came into the picture and then I took him to Asgard as was requested of me and we spent those three months there and just FYI I was 'buddied up' to him as you said before he left town, I actually wanted to help him and just BTW after he found out you were my sister he was going to let you go and find somebody else but Damon got to you first before he could tell Maddox to let you go so your life was not in danger whatsoever"

Kol and Rebekah walked back into the room before Caroline had the chance to reply to her sister, Cassie walked over to Kol and grabbed his arm, "let's go."

He gave her a worried look but nodded "okay darling, let's go." Then he wrapped his arm around her, and they walked out of the room, "wanna talk about it?"

She smiled at him, but it seemed a little tight "later... once we get out of here, let's find Nik and tell him that we're leaving just so he knows." The two walked down the hall and ran into Klaus "hey, Nik... we're leaving, just thought I'd let you know." Klaus nodded giving the blonde a look, he could tell something was bothering her.

"Okay." Klaus and Kol shared a look and Kol shrugged and the couple walked out of the school and to Cassie's car, once they were inside the car, Kol turned to his soulmate "what happened Cass?"

The blonde sighed "Caroline and I just sorta had a fight that's all... we don't fight much but when we do it can get pretty nasty, she's mad that I didn't tell her about the whole soulmate thing when I first found out I was 15... she was only 8, she wouldn't have understood then and then as it went on I just wanted something in my life to keep for myself, it was like my little secret that I didn't have to share with anyone but the five people that already knew about it, she doesn't get that and then there's the thing with Elena she also mad that I was just willing to let her die so Nik could be a hybrid."

Kol grabs her hand and smiles at the blonde "Cass she's your sister and she loves you, she'll come around."

The blonde alien smiled as he kisses the back of her hand "what if doesn't? what if this is something she just doesn't come around to? I don't know what I'd do, She's one of my best friends, my baby sister."

He reaches over and grabs her chin "hey, we'll get through it okay? no matter what happens we will get through it"

Cassie smiled over at him "okay... now I'm gonna take some coffee by my mom's office so I can see her you can come in with me if you want or you can wait outside, it doesn't matter, Imma tell her about you either way."

Kol smirked teasingly at Cassie "oh meeting your sister and mother in one day?"

The blonde rolled her eyes at him "I said you didn't have to come in with me but I'm going by there... plus mom would understand better than Caroline she knows about the dreams I just never told her what they meant after I found out, Mom was the first person to know about them and she knows about my powers too, the dreams started about the same time that my powers started manifesting, that's when she told me that they adopted me when I was a baby after I told her about my powers but she never judged me or loved me any less knowing that I was different."

Cassie stopped by the grill and got three coffees to go, she paid for them and headed out the door and back to her car, where she told Kol to wait for her, she smiled seeing him leaning against the car as she walked up. She handed him the drink tray, pecking him on the lips before getting back in the car.