Chapter Five

TVD
2x09

While Elijah was still 'dead' Cassie slipped a piece of paper with her number on it into Elijah's suit jacket pocket, so that he could contact her later she sat there for like an hour before Elijah removed the makeshift stake from his heart, and the color returned to his face, he looked at Cassie "hello."

She smiled at him "Hi, I thought we should talk."

Elijah nodded at her "all right what is it you wish to talk about?"

Cassie got straight to her point "well one, I know all about you and your family but my friends don't know that I know everything and I would like to keep it that way because if they know, that I know, they'll wanna know, how and that means telling them about Kol and I'm not going to do that, and two you are going to need someone on the inside while they think you're dead... so I am volunteering."

The original gave her a look "are you sure that's wise?"

Cassie nodded with a slight smirk "yeah, it's not like they can hurt me now, so I can get away with it."

The suit-wearing original looked at her intrigued, "what does that mean?"

That mischievous glint was back in her eyes as she grinned at the original "It means that when Rose and Trevor kidnapped me, I hadn't been exposed to the earth's sun long enough but now that I have, I am pretty much invincible."

"What?"

The blonde alien smirked at her soulmate's brother and pointed to her stomach "punch me, right here."

He gave her a look "I will not!"

Cassie rolled her eyes "you're not going to hurt me... I'm trying to prove a point here... just do it and as hard as you can."

But Elijah shook his head "I would rather not hit you."

Cassie shrugged "okay fine then I guess you won't know what I meant then" she held her hand out and summoned Stormbreaker to her from its place upstairs. It flies down the stairs and right into her hand. "I should go my sister will be worried about me." The blonde started to walk out of the house but was stopped by Elijah's voice.

"Wait... I accept you can be my person on the inside until time to reveal that I'm not dead."

She smirked that worked out just like she knew it would, Cassie walked out of the house with Elijah behind her "well then I will see you around Elijah"

"Wait I don't even know your name?"

The blonde alien smiled at him "It's Cassie, Cassie Forbes." Then without even warning him, she propelled herself into the air and quite literally flew away from there with a smirk on her face knowing that he will want to know how she did that the next time they meet.

A little while later Cassie landed in the woods behind her house, knowing that her mom would be at work and Caroline would be with Bonnie, Cassie walked into the house using the spare key from under the plant on the back porch.

Cassie walked up to her room, and she sat Stormbreaker down beside her bed, and grabbed some clothes, she walked into her bathroom to take a much-needed shower, before she headed over to the boarding house to gather some information for Elijah.

Of course, she was going to help him in whatever way she could, I mean her soulmate was his brother, meaning that she and Elijah were practically family, and she felt the need to protect him as she would with any of Kol's siblings.

Cassie decides to leave Stormbreaker at home this time, just so she stood out a little less than she would if she brought it with her, the blonde got to the boarding house just in time to hear Rose start talking "okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real."

'Ohhh so that's her play to tell them about Klaus... okay I can use that to my advantage.' Cassie smirked as she silently steps into the house without alerting the vamps in the house of her presence.

Elena is the next one to speak "Who is he?"

Cassie knew that it's a fifty-fifty chance at who is going to answer her and she thinks it's gonna be Damon "He's one of the originals, he's a legend." And would you look at that she was right and 'not quite there bud, I'm afraid he is very real.'

Stefan speaks next "From the first generation of vampires."

Then, of course, Elena asks a question "like Elijah?"

Rose shook her head at the doppelganger "No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Cassie grinned 'well, Rosie, I'd say Elijah is a pretty big deal but that's just my opinion, and God you don't even know Kol... he's probably worse than Klaus.'

Cassie has seen every side of Kol through the dreams, and she doesn't care about what he's done... he's her soulmate and she is not ashamed to say that she's completely in love with him already and hasn't actually met him face to face, which would be weird if they were soulmates and literally made for each other.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan falsely informs her. Cassie shook her head she knew that wasn't rue and that Elijah was older than Klaus, but Finn was the oldest.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?"

"Yes."

"No." Rose and Stefan say at the same time.

Then Damon comes in to try and make the situation better "What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..."

"Which it is."

"And you're not saying it, so I don't kill you."

You can hear the annoyance in Rose's voice "which I'm not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe." Cassie rolled her eyes at their naïve brains she's heard plenty about Klaus and she knows that he doesn't give up when he wants something.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So, no one else even knows that you exist." 'Think again bitches Lijah is not dead and you will all know that very soon.'

"Not that you know of." Rose corrects and you can practically feel Damon glare at her.

"That's not helping."

Then Stefan and his hero hair has to come in "Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all, we know he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story."

"He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot." Rose warns them,

But Damon obviously doesn't take it seriously "Alright, we're shaking. You made your point."