Chapter Fifty

The Originals

1x02

Cassie's outfit is the same as in the last chapter.

Cassie walks downstairs to hear Klaus talking, "Does anyone have any more questions? No? Good, because I have a question. Hayley, what were you doing in the bloody French Quarter in the first place? Answer me!"

Rebekah looks at him, "Leave her be."

Hayley glares, "You wanna know what I was doing? I was buying poison, so I could put your little baby out of its misery." Klaus runs at her with vampire speed and pins her to the door by the neck. She gasps for air.

"Nik! NIK!"

Cassie rolls her eyes at him, using her magic to pretty much throw him across the room, "Get off of her."

Rebekah glares at her brother, "She is pregnant, for God's sake! All of this bluster about not wanting the child, and then the second she tells you she's ready to get rid of it? It's okay to care. It's okay to want something. That's all Elijah was trying to do, all he's ever wanted for you. All we've ever wanted."

Hayley coughs and splutters, massaging her throat. Then she looks at Cassie, "thanks."

Cassie smiles at the girl, "you're welcome." and then she looks at Klaus, who is now sitting on the stairs with Rebekah sitting beside him.

Cassie looks at them, "I'm going out and look around for a little while... I'll be back later so try not to kill each other while I'm gone" then she walks out the door not even giving them the chance to reply.

Once she gets away from the house she dials the number of the witch that she and Kol met while they were in Barcelona, they saved her life, and she owes them a favor, so Cassie is gonna call her and see if the witch will bring Kol back.

"I'm calling in the favor," Cassie gets straight to the point.

There's a chuckle "hello to you too and of course, you and your boyfriend saved my life, what do you need?"

Cassie sighs and explains the situation to her, "so basically I need to bring him back and that's the favor you do it, and we're even."

There's a pause, "okay I can do that, but it's gonna take time to get everything that I'll need together because I have to locate the particular spell that would let me bring him back in his own body."

Cassie sighs in relief, "okay, take the time you need to get the stuff, but just please do it and thank you."

The witch smiles on the other end of the phone, "you're welcome Cassie, I owe you and if this is what it takes to pay that debt then it's what I'll do."

Cassie smiles "okay I'll be in touch to see how it's coming" then hangs up the phone and smiles. Cassie spent the rest of the day just exploring the city a little bit getting a lay of the land.

After that, she decided to call Caroline and tell her that she was back on Midgard.

***
Caroline rolled her eyes at the witch in front of her, "well the way I see it they got what was coming to them, I warned Elena not to do it after you told me what her plan was, everything that's happened since is on Elena because she ignored my warning and look where that got her... she's dead and honestly, she deserved it because I've done my research on this and separating soulmates is dangerous especially if one of them dies, it's very painful for the surviving one and more often than not leads to death of the surviving one... Cassie is my sister, the one person I can always count on, no matter what... I didn't see it before, because I just wanted to be included, but I see it now, you and Elena have always left me out... I literally had to find out about the supernatural by being turned into a vampire like no one was gonna tell me at all until they didn't have a choice, it's always been Bonnie and Elena while I was left off to the side on my own, but my sister has always been the one to include me... so yes Bonnie I am taking Cassie's side of this... Elena took the easy way out without even stopping to think of the effect it would have on anyone but her. You didn't see the look on Cassie's face after it happened... I did, and that is a look I never want to see on her face again, it was completely heart-shattering, but I guess in a way it was also eye-opening because I finally saw that Cassie was right."

Caroline's phone rang before Bonnie had the chance to say anything back to her, she looked at the ID and saw her sister calling, so she answered it with a smile, "Hey Cass." while vamping away from the Bennett witch.

***
Cassie said, "Hey Care-Bear, I just thought I'd let you know that I was back on Midgard and I have something to tell you, but I would rather tell you face to face, so I am in New Orleans."

"Sweet, I'll be there tomorrow, we really need to catch up."

"Okay, call me when you get here, and I'll meet you somewhere, and then I'll tell you my news."

"Okay, bye Cass love you."

"Love you too, Care-Bear." they hung up and Cassie had a smile on her face and finished looking around the French Quarter.

Cassie came home with a smile on her face and Astrid smirks at her leaning against her bedroom door, "what's with the smile?"

Cassie looks at her, "I have a witch that owes me a favor and I called that favor in for her to bring Kol back, and she said it'd take time to get what she needs to do the spell, but she's gonna bring him back."

Astrid smiles "that's good Cass" Cassie smiles laying back on her bed as Astrid smile at her sister before walking into her own room happy that her little sister is finally gonna get her soulmate back.

Cassie rolls over on her side looking at the urn with a smile lighting up her face, "hopefully it won't be much longer, and I'll have you back, and then I'll make sure that nothing can ever take you away from me again."

Cassie closes her eyes, feeling almost genuine happiness about something other than her baby for the first time in weeks.