44 : First Enemy

"Siblings are our partners and rivals,
Our first friends, and
Our first enemies."

-Erica Goldblatt Hyatt-

~~~~~~~~~~~~ㅇ~~~~~~~~~~~~

The living room was filled with four people and all the couches were now occupied. Well, not that you have a lot of them either. Just a two-seater and a three-seater. Just a modest one to be precise. Not that you couldn't afford it though. Why would you buy a thousand dollars one when you could buy a thousand more cheaper and still get the best quality?

Anyway, each pair seated opposite to each other. The siblings seem to be glaring at each other. Okay, not really. It's only you who's glaring. Mark however was looking at every part of the room except your gaze. When the room was silent for long enough, Rosé patted on Mark's thigh, signing him. His head turned towards her and read the signals Rosé's giving to him. Only then, he turned his head back, facing the glaring sister. He sighed.

"Y/N..."

"How long has this... been?"

He breathed out. "Before I left for my last mission. I visited Rosé just before I left. I don't know why but I just felt like telling her. Especially when I knew how dangerous the mission was. And-"

"And you didn't even bother to tell me? Like at all?" You interrupted him. He sat there in silence, not making any hint in replying. You scoffed at his reaction.

"Well, not that I care anyway. Bet you kept a lot of secrets anyway." You added. "Gosh, I bet you're still gonna keep me in the dark about how our parents died." You sneered.

The last encounter you shot not only shocked the brother, even the other two people in the room also turned their heads towards you.

"What are you talking about, Y/N?" Mark furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion.

"I don't know, Mark. Maybe you should explain about how our secret agent parents died?" You claimed.

"How did you know-"

"So it's true then?" You snickered. Completely felt betrayed with the truth that you just discovered. Mark who previously had his back leaned against the couch is now leaning forward with his left hands rubbing his face.

"Who told you, Y/N?"

"Why? You're gonna tell more lies now, dear brother?" You smirked at him. Your replies cause Mark to raise his gaze at you.

"Who told you, Y/N?" He repeated his question.

"None of your business." You pulled your eyes away from him. If he could keep secrets, you thought why not you do the same.

"Y/N, just tell me who?" You can sense that his voice is raised yet still under control.

You scoffed. "So, I can't keep secrets but you can now?"

From your seat, you could see that your last sentence almost reached the end of Mark's patience. However, before Mark could outburst his anger, another voice interrupted him.

"Y/N, baby..." His soft voice called you out. He already has his arms around your waist so you could feel his thumb rubbing gently on your side, hoping that you would calm down before making the situation worse than it already was. You shifted your eyes, staring at his calm face. He showed his thin straight smile, reassuring you. You grunted in defeat.

"Maybe the bastard who planned his kidnapping told me." You try to pretend as if you answered Yoongi's question rather than Mark's.

"And you trust him more than me, little sister?" Mark tilted his head to the side, still controlling his last string of his patience from snapping off.