3 : Please listen to me for once

Y/N POV

Sniff. Sniff.

I smelled something nice and very mouth watering. Just so you know, I’m not that kind of early bird person thing. Especially after I finished my mission. But when it comes to food, I don’t think I would give it a waste of time lol. I opened my sleepy eyes and looked around the strange yet familiar surroundings. I guess Mark carried me up and put me on my bed so that I won’t have a sore body since I slept on the sofa last night. Well, he’s an annoying person I’ve ever know, but sometimes he’s a caring and a thoughtful brother. The best brother award goes to, Mark Tuan! Yeay!

I stood up and stripped myself and went to the bathroom. After cleaned myself up, then I wore a grey short-sleeves t-shirt and a black short and went straight to the kitchen. I sat on the one of the stools at the counter while gawking at my professional slave chef cooking in my kitchen.

“Good mooorning ~” Mark turned his head around and smiled and went back focusing on his cooking.

“Morning, creep.” I replied sarcastically, pouring the jug of plain water into the glass which they were placed on the counter and drank it.

“So…. How is your sleep?” I asked. Wondering if he did sleep since he was the one who suddenly barged into my apartment this morning.

He turned off the electric stove and poured out the scrambled egg on both plates in front of me.

“I did. Sort of.” He smiled and turned around to put the pan into the sink. And walking toward the counter to take a seat beside me.

“So you didn’t sleep.” I took a mouthful of scrambled egg with a toasted bread.

“Actually I did. But just for about an hour so. Why you ask?” replied Mark as he also gobbled up his meal.

“Right. Nothing. Just thinking since you’re gonna be away from me, maybe you want to do something with me.” I took another mouthful of my food as I was eyeing at his response.

“Well, if that’s what you wanted to do to spent time with me instead of your girlfriend.” I continued.

“Y/N, you know that I don’t actually have one right? I’ve told you like thousands of times now. How many-“

“I know.” I simply replied.

He sighed. “Fine. Go get ready. We’re going shopping. Your shirt is suck.” He took his last scoop and walked toward the sink.

“Wtf?” I replied in annoyance. 

****************************************

Shopping. Watching movie at the cinema. Amusement Park. If we didn't have the facial similarities, people might thought we are a couple.

Dragging him around is one of my favourite things in my life since I didn’t have much friends. Well, just a few of close friends and also my spy ring (a cooperating group of spies) which also could be busy with their personal missions. Also,  I could at least used up Mark's money since he is my big bro hehe

"Hey, Mark. Let's get some ice-cream. I've been eyeing that ice-cream before we went to shopping." I pleaded him while tugging my hands in his arm.

"Which one?" Mark asked when we're at the ice-cream store. After choosing each of our favorite flavor, we went to a bench nearby. While I was busy eating my chocolate-coated vanilla ice-cream and enjoying the view of beautiful water fountain, Mark suddenly held my hand.

"Y/N…"

I turned my head towards him. I've seen that face before. His face was clearly showed a sad and worried emotions but trying hard to cover it with his smile.

"Y/N, I know you hate to talk about this and I know that you would always avoid this when the topic comes up. But please do listen to me once."

I stopped eating my ice cream for a moment. My heart suddenly sank as I expected that he will say something that I wanted to avoid from the day I knew he's a secret agent.

"If, just one day, if I didn't make it. Would you consider to get married? At least, let me go knowing you are not alone and there's someone who'll look out for you?" Mark asked, putting his left hand on the side of my head. I was silent at first. Thinking about what he said. If it was really going to happen, for his sake, I'll do it.

I nodded.

He let down his hand and smile in relieved.

"But not now. Sooner, but not now." I replied while looking at the birds bathed near the water fountain. Mark turned his head towards me. Trying to understand my words.

"We have plenty of things that we need to do together. So come back after you finished your mission." I explained. My feet are moving back and forth out of nervousness, thinking about the worst thing that might happened to both of us.

"Sure will, kiddo" Mark chuckled.

"And also not with Bambam. He annoys me too much" I added while finishing off my ice-cream. Mark laughed. Bambam is one of Mark's closed friends. From what I heard from Mark, he asked Mark to live with him for a while since he's still searching for a house that he really like. When he knew that I am the same age as his, he always annoys me with his loud behavior. It's not that I hate him, but he was in too much energy which makes me feel tired by only watching him. But he is a good friend and I like to be around him.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Hi, guys! Hope you enjoyed reading this FF. 🤭
Please vote for me if you love this part.
Hearteu juseyo~ 💜

I'm open to any requests so that yall can enjoy your reading. ✨💕