36 : Rule Out

"Let's get to the point then." He displayed his evil smirk.

A familiar face appeared in front of you and the light shone on him as he took another step closer. The face that you've seen every time you went inside your work area in the company. The face that you have been studying for a few months now. Months of searching him and his hiding place. And now there he was. Stood in front of you. Only with a few lines of address you received on the other day.

You felt like you were being played by him for months. As if you were a string puppet doll, tied between his fingers. Leading you everywhere but not his hiding place.
Exactly like a dog chasing its own tails. Going round and round and alas arriving at the same point where you started.

"Jongsuk" You gritted your teeth as his name slipped through your mouths. Disgusted with the word that just came out of your mouth. He smiled in satisfaction. Not really sure what satisfied him though as you were barely able to read his mind.

"If you want your briefcase back, I'm so sorry since I left it with my boss. Didn't know you're here too." Instead of asking what he wants from you, you said to him sarcastically. Causing him to snort. Then he lifted his head up, looking back straight at you.

"You know, I almost gave up on you." He replied. Completely ignored your previous statement. You furrowed your eyebrows, confused. And somehow, by the response he received from you, he made a point that you didn't catch what he just said.

"It took awhile for you to go back to work. I mean, as a spy, I thought after what happened to your brother, you'd be in grief just for a few days-"

"Where's my brother?" You cut him off with the mention of Mark. Anger started to fill you up. However, he didn't answer your question but instead he shushed you.

"How's the gift? You like it, pretty face?" He asked as his hand gripped the edge of the table, leaned closer to you.
"I hope you like it. I put it with all my heart to make it more... presentable?" He added as his eyes stared upwards, carefully choosing the right word. You clenched your jaw in anger. You didn't expect that it was him who sent the boxes. It was him who gave you the address. And much worst, he knew where you live. He continued on with his 'talking' when he realised that you didn't respond.

"Well... At first I thought that I should just send you the address. But I assume that you wouldn't be bothered by it. Especially when you have another personal problem. So I added a few things to pick up your interest." The anger displayed in your eyes amused him. Causing him to smirk. He's been spying on you and you didn't realize it.

"Not to mention how beautiful that photo is. And the model spices up the look too." He laughed proudly as if it was just a regular fashion photoshoot. And you've had enough of all his bullshit. You can't hold your emotions back anymore.
So you stood from the steel chair and took out a plastic made gun from the holster, which you hid under your coat, and with both your hands on it, you pointed it at his head.

"In case you didn't hear me earlier, let me ask you again. Where... is... my brother?" You gritted your teeth, held your last string of patience in you. He leaned away from you especially when the gun is pointed straight towards his head. Eyes widened, shocked with the sudden response but then he smirked in delight. And with the thin patience you had, the thought of ripped that mouth out is a bit tempting. He then clapped his hands which echoed throughout the room and shook his head in awe.

"Wow... You're surely an intelligent lady." He continued clapping. "A plastic made huh? Never thought of that before." He chuckled. "You can't shoot me, Y/N. You need me." He said before he eyed towards a direction behind you. And he's not wrong. You really need him to find Mark. If he's dead, you'll have to tear the building apart brick by brick to save your brother wherever he is. Before you had a chance to look back, someone already snatched the gun away from you and pulled both of your hands and placed it on your back. Then they pulled you down and tied you against the steel chair. You grunted as you tried to release yourself but it was hopeless and the men's grips were really tight and strong. In that small chaos, little did you know that Jongsuk had been watching the whole time and he saw how your body flinched and stiffened when one of his men held your right side arm. Then they left you after they were sure you were securely tied.