2 : Uninvited Guest

“Ughh! What a night!” I flopped onto my soft yet comfy bed. Wearing a crop top and a short as my pj’s. Yeah, I'm lazy. It’s been three days I didn’t sleep like a log since I had to make sure that the mission won’t fail. It’s not that I’m the only one secret agent in the company. There’s more. But I just need to be perfect so that I won’t be the so called ‘failed agent’ or something. I don’t know what they meant by that specifically, but I’m pretty sure it’s not good for someone with the ‘agent’ title. 

As I was about to fly into my dreamland, suddenly there was a knock on my apartment door. I shot my eyes opened.

“Well, that’s weird.” I mumbled. I wasn’t really expecting someone at this moment. I looked at the clock on the bedside table. 

4.00 AM.

“Who the hell come into someone’s house at this hour?” I stood up with heavy sigh. Being an agent mean you need to deal with the bad guys. Means that your life is surrounded by your full weapon enemies. Can’t trust anyone. So I set up a front door camera security so I can view the people who came into my apartment.

Before I walked towards the door, I grabbed my handgun under the table beside my bed. I look at the screen of the security camera before I looked at the peephole. There stood a guy wearing a cap which unfortunately covers his whole face with black tight knee ripped jeans.  All black.

‘This can’t be good.’ I waited for a while thought that the guy might go away if there’s no response. But no. He’s still knocking the door. I hold the door knob tightly.

One.

I took a deep breath.

Two.

Cocking the gun as silent as it can and preparing myself for what might happen later.

Three!

I turned the door knob and quickly pointed my handgun to the guy.

“Woah there! You’re not going to kill me, aren’t you Y/N?” The guy raised his hands up.

“What the f*ck, Mark! You scared the shit out of me!” I scolded Mark, my annoying brother. I opened the door wider to let him in.

“Wow, that’s amazing. Yo! The awesome agent Y/N Tuan is scared to death, ladies and gentleman.” He smirked while walking into my apartment. Yeah, he knows that I’m a secret agent. Why? You’ll know soon.

“I did scared.” I closed the door and turned to look at him. “But it doesn’t mean that I won’t shoot you.” I smirked.

“Yeah, right. Just because I wore something more stylish than yours doesn’t make me as your enemy, Y/N.” He replied sarcastically and straightened up a fact at the same time that I can’t be argued while throwing himself on the couch. Yep. I’m kinda bad in fashion compared to Mark, but comparing with others, I still look dashing lol.
"Plus, what kind of bad guys that knocked the door before robbing?" He continued. I rolled my eyes. He was right about that. How thick I could get! Maybe it's because of my not-enough-sleep syndrome.

“Okay, Mark. Don’t beat around the bushes now. Just tell me what are you doing in my apartment at this f*cking hour?” I put the handgun on the table in front of him. 

“Just visiting my beloved sister after she completed her three days mission. Why not?” He shrugged, took the tv remote and turned the tv on. I crossed my arms while watching him, still unsatisfied with his answer. When he realised that I didn’t budge, he threw his eyes towards me and sighed.

“Fine. I just got a mission which I need to be outside of the district for a month or less. And I need to start the mission two days from now. And I might be alive if the mission is succeeded. Or you might get the letter from Mr. J which wrote ‘I’m so sorry for your loss and-“

“Fine! I got it. Gee, no need to be that far though.” I cut him off before this ‘meeting’ turned into a sad drama. Yeah, he’s a secret agent too. I didn’t know about it at first, but somehow the secrets and truths are doing their duty. The truth always will be revealed no matter how long you kept it. Our truth revealed when I was on my way to Mr. J’s room since he paged me about my new mission. Right then, I accidentally bumped onto someone which I don’t realise the person at first. The second that our eyes met, I just thought it was a dream. There he was. Also shocked about my identity as a secret agent. Well, we didn’t argued there since I was in a hurry so we had a ‘family reunion’ at his house. Turned out he started the job a few months after my parents left to support my school. 

I sat beside him. Looking at the screen of my tv. Losing our parents since we’re both young is too heartbreaking for me. He’s the only family I got and I’m not gonna lose him too.

“But still.. You don’t have to crash into my apartment this early.” I said, leaning onto his shoulder while watching the tv. He giggled and we both continued to watch the channel appeared on the screen. After a few moments, the view in front of me started to become blurry since I was still tired from last night event. And for all I know, the world suddenly become dark and silence.

****************************************

Mark POV

Sighed.

I was just on my way back from receiving my mission. A mission outside Seoul for a month! It’s not that I can’t do it. Y/N and me are rarely be apart for more than 2 weeks since our parents left. We only have each other. Well, just so you know. A task that involves outside the district felt so dangerous to me. Or if that’s only just in my head. I looked at my watch.

11.45 PM.

“Well, I guess I’m going home then.” I sighed and left the company and went straight home.

I threw my body on the bed, staring at the ceiling. A lot of things going in my head right now. I need to sleep since I need to go to Y/N’s apartment tomorrow morning. Yeah, we lived in different place now. After she graduated from her school, she told me that she wanted to be independent and lives alone in an apartment nearby. This mansion of mine was actually our parents’ but since they’re no longer here, so it was inherited to their children. Since Y/N wanted to live in the apartment, I guess I should live here then. Well, not alone though. I have friends lived with me.

I’ve tossed around on my bed for a while now, but still I can’t even close my eyes. ‘This is frustrating!’ If this going to be like this for another hour, I bet that I won’t get any sleep. I turned to look at the alarm clock on my bedside table.

3.30 AM.

So I stood up and went to the kitchen. I opened up the fridge and took out the juice. I poured it out into the glass which I just took out from the cabinet and drank it. Still thinking about what should I say to Y/N later. Should I tell her tomorrow or the day before I leave? 

I made up my mind. I left the glass in the sink and went back to my room. I wore loose white shirt and a black leather jacket and a black tight, ripped jeans. Before I left my room, something popped in mind that causes me to smirk to myself. 

“Let’s make a surprise for my lil sis,” I took my black cap that I usually wore it when I’m on a mission and put it on before I locked the house and got into my car.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

(A/N : Guess who's Mr. J is? 😉 😎)