Commitment Issues- Blush

This is a look into Blink and Mush's argument from "Living." It doesn't really go with the current time line I have you on (this is probably a month after), but it does happen.

—————————————————————

Mush and Blink were sitting on the couch, engrossed in the really scary movie on the screen. Mush thought it was terrifying, Blink found it unsettling, but not enough to cry over it.

"You okay?" Mush nodded into his boyfriends chest, trying to watch the entire movie. Blink rubbed his shoulder comfortingly.

It felt like a while before the movie finished, but when it did, Mush gave a sigh of relief. "That will give me nightmares for weeks."

"Well, you can stay with me until you feel better, Mushy", Blink chuckled, kissing the shorter's forehead. He laughed again as Mush blushed, somehow still not used to Blink's flirting.

Or just Blink. Blink was amazing.

Mush smiled against his chest before sitting up quickly. "Would you move in with me?"

Blink choked on the water he was drinking, looking at Mush with wide eyes. "What?"

"Would you move in with me?" Mush looked down shyly. "I want you to."

"No."

Mush looked up, his brows furrowed in confusion. "Why?"

"I just...I can't." Blink avoided eye contact, sipping his water. "I want to-"

"Then why don't you?"

"Because I can't!"

"Or you don't want to."

"Mush-"

"No, no", Mush denied, moving away from Blink and sitting against the couch, arms crossed. "I get it."

Blink sighed, running a hand down his face. Mush stared at the TV screen, his brows furrowed in anger.

This has never happened before. In- what? Six months?- time they've been dating, Mush and Blink never even raised their voices at each other. This was new territory.

A new level.

"I just don't get why", Mush says, looking at no one in particular. "We love each other, we eat together, and you're here most of the time! What's up with sharing rent?"

Blink sighed heavily and rolled his eyes, shaking his head. Mush wouldn't get it. His parents still love him, and are proud of him. If something went wrong, he could call them and they'd make everything okay. Blink didn't have that.

He stopped having that when he turned 15. He turned 15 and everything went wrong. He hated himself for that.

"I don't know." He did know. He knew very well. "I just don't want to."

Mush nodded, stunned to silence. He didn't get it; didn't understand. Why doesn't he want to live with me? He knows Blink loves him, but can he feel it?

Moving in would signify their commitment to each other, and Mush wanted that. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with the boy in front of him—of course I dobut...

But he's starting to wonder if Blink wants that, too.

"Do you not want to move in with...me?"

Blink looked at Mush like he was crazy, rolling his eyes and laughing bitterly. "Don't make this about you. It ain't about you!"

Mush backs up from the shock of Blink's words. He shakes his head. "You're right. It's always has to be about you. Sorry I forgot!"

"No one's sayin' that! God, you make everything so complicated!"

"It was a simple question! Do you want to live with me?"

"No."

"Why?!"

"Why do you require an answer?! You's like some kind of computer!"

Mush sighs, placing his hands in his hair. Blink took deep breaths and tried to calm himself down. Both of them were riddled with stress, anger, and sadness.

This is overkill.

"You should go", Mush mutters, walking toward the shoe rack near the front door. He sighed heavily before opening the door. "Call me."

Blink watched the door slam close, but he didn't quite hear it. He couldn't hear anything, his ears seeming to be blocked from the emptiness he held.

For some reason, he couldn't cry. He couldn't yell, couldn't punch something. He was just tired.

With a huff, he followed in Mush's footsteps. Opening the door, and walking toward the one place he could truly live in.

———————————————————————

Don't kill me-

This is a huge jump, since I'm sure this entire fandom can agree on Blush. Yet here I come, writing them in an argument

Also _annanymous_ I drank water, but only because there wasn't anymore soda.

Happy Late Valentines' Day!