Lazy Sunday- Spralmer

Elmer woke up with a smile at the sight of their boyfriend. They knew if they ever said this out loud, the redhead would kill them, but he's adorable.

Albert lay snoring softly, oblivious to the world around him. He wasn't dreaming, which usually meant he was well rested. Elmer noticed he stopped snoring, noting he would wake up soon. "Good morning, Albie."

Albert smiled softly, blinking himself awake. He saw Elmer and moved on top of them, causing the older to giggle. "Mornin'."

"You're in a good mood", Elmer muttered, kissing the taller's head. Albert snuggled into their chest. "How we feelin'?"

"Lazy", Albert mumbled, half asleep. "It's Sunday."

"It's Friday, love."

"Oh."

Elmer giggled, combing their hands through Albert's hair. "Do you want to have a lazy Sunday on Friday?"

"Yes, please", Albert says politely, sitting up with a smile. "I would also like coffee."

"No", Elmer says pointedly, smiling as Albert rolled his eyes. "Coffee makes you anxious, you know that."

"Doesn't mean I have to like it", Albert grumbled, crossing his arms. "I mean, Jack's lactose intolerant, and he eats ice cream like nobody's business!"

"You're allergic to milk", Elmer reminded, laughing as Albert threw his head back onto the pillow. "Come on, Albie. Race might be making pancakes."

Albert jumped out of bed, running out of the room and to the kitchen, Elmer not far behind. Albert was still very sleepy, so he wasn't as fast as he should be.

"Good morning, Racetrack", Albert greets, sitting at their shared table. "How are you?"

Race turned around with a bright smile. "I'm fine, bud. You?"

"Fantastic! So how we lookin' on those pancakes?"

Race laughed quietly, watching as Spot walked into the kitchen. "It's going pretty well, Al. I have almost enough to serve everyone."

"Morning, Spot!" Spot looked at Albert, who was smiling kindly. "How'd you sleep?"

"Fine", Spot muttered confusedly, walking over to Elmer, who was standing by the coffee pot. He grabbed a mug. "What's up with him?"

Elmer chuckled as they took a sip of coffee, smiling at their boyfriend. "He woke up in a good mood this morning. He always does."

Spot nodded, processing. He poured some coffee into his mug. "Why haven't I seen it before?"

"You usually wake up at 11:00", Elmer answered, sipping. "We're usually gone by now."

"What's the agenda for today?"

"Lazy Sunday on a Friday", Elmer answered honestly. They often thought honesty was the best way to do things. "It was Al's idea."

"I thought so", Spot chuckled, walking over to the redhead. "So, how ready are you for these pancakes?"

"Ready as Race when he does track", Albert answered. "He makes the best pancakes, you know."

Spot laughed as Race crashed something, clearing his throat as he went back to work. Albert chuckled himself before staring at the coffee in Spot's hand.

"No", Elmer says. "Don't even ask."

Albert rolls his eyes and looks forward, smiling softly when Race placed a plate of pancakes in front of him. "Thanks, Ra."

"Your welcome, Al", Race responds, smiling. He makes another plate, giving it to Spot. "Your waffles are in the thing, Elmer."

"Thanks, Race."

They all sat together at their table, enjoying each other's company. It wasn't often they all saw each other at once- between work and classes, seeing everyone collectively was a rare occurrence. But when they did, they took advantage of it.

"Movies", Albert shouts, startling everyone but Spot. He continued eating. "Movie day."

"I'm down", Race says with a grin. He looked at Spot. He shrugged.

"Alright", Elmer smiled, clasping their hands. "It's unanimous."

Albert and Race looked at each other in question, turning back to Elmer. "What should we watch?"

"Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", Spot says quickly, smirking mischievously at Elmer. The younger glared.

"Okay", Albert agrees, running off with Race to the living room. Spot and Elmer stared at each other.

"You better not."

"I might."

Elmer rolled their eyes as Spot trudged off into the living room, hoping no one had to know.

————————————————————————

Small question, large meaning:

What do you say about a story based in 1959? Should I fluff it out or keep it as hardcore as it is?