Dancing With Myself- JoMike

The beat fell into his ears, the guitar flowing through his veins. The drums were on the same line as his feet.

JoJo built up the tension, waiting until he completely lost himself in the music. He moved his arms around and jumped, clearing his head of any memories, past traumas, and future events. He was gone.

It was like being in his own music video. He closed his eyes and felt his body move. Just move. There was no instruction, no motive. Just him, the music, and Billy Idol's voice.

You could hear the music play from downstairs, where Mike sat in the kitchen. He thought it was a commercial or something, waiting until it would go away. But it didn't, and Mike realized this was the full four minutes and fifty seconds of 'Dancing With Myself.'

He chuckled and walked out of the kitchen, trudging up the stairs. He didn't want to disturb JoJo's process of loosening up. Then, the younger would have to start over again, and it's hard to lose yourself in music after you've already done it.

Mike opened the door silently, barely a crack, to see the room. JoJo was thrashing and posing and having fun.

He looked majestic, almost. If you didn't count the random posing and weird twirls and arm movements, Mike would call him and angel.

He started feeling himself getting lost in the music, but only a little. He still wanted to watch JoJo.

JoJo didn't even notice the door was open, let alone someone was watching him. It was pure bliss. No worries, just being happy.

The song was close to an end, which meant JoJo would come back to reality and Mike would have to look away soon. But he couldn't. He absolutely couldn't.

Billy's chanting incited some very intense jumping, and JoJo was prepared. He'd listened to this song obsessively- he'd dreamed, seen it, loved it. There wasn't a moment in time when he hasn't seen himself dancing in a music video, or strutting down the halls of his school to this song.

Mike tried not to laugh, just as much as he tried not to stare, but the performance was just so addicting. So very addicting.

JoJo smiled as the song finished, laughing as he tried to breathe. He looked toward the door and saw Mike standing there with a smirk on his face. "H-hey."

"Hi", the twin says. "That looked like fun."

"It was."

"I know."

JoJo stared at the floor with his hands behind his back, cringing when Mike chuckled. Suddenly, he felt his chin being lifted.

"Don't be embarrassed", Mike whispered. "I'm not making fun of you."

JoJo nodded, blushing furiously. Mike chuckled again and glanced at the shorter's speaker, his eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Could I join you?" JoJo stared at him in confusion, recognizing the new song. Parklife by Blur.

"Doing what?"

"To dance!"

JoJo smiled as his favorite line came on. He nodded vigorously, running to the speaker to start the song over. "It only works if you listen to the full song."

Mike chuckled as he saw JoJo close his eyes with a smile, nodding his head with the beat. Mike copied him, walking up and staring in his eyes.

JoJo sang along with the song, starting to get his dancing rhythm back, but this time much different. His dance was unruly, hard to follow, but it went the song perfectly.

Mike watched as JoJo lost himself again, a bright smile on his face. He looked so happy and carefree. Mike followed right after him.

To the outside eye, they looked like uncoordinated idiots with no rhythm, but they didn't care. In their heads, they were dancing superstars.

Their arms thrashed and their legs raged, not at all following the beat, but so happy you didn't care. A beautiful symphony.

JoJo giggled as he watched Mike, and Mike laughed as he caught glimpses of JoJo. They looked silly, so silly it was hard not to find it funny. But it was a good funny. Like they were laughing with each other. Their own circus.

The song came to a close and JoJo slowed down just as much as Mike, both of them breathing hard from the jumping and moving around. They stopped and looked at each other, laughing uncontrollably.

"You're a good dancer", JoJo complimented, placing his hands on his hips. "For someone with no coordination."

"I'll have you know I have been dancing since I was, like, five", Mike argued, a playful smile on his lips. JoJo laughed, hugging Mike close.

"Thanks for dancing with me today", JoJo whispered, genuinely happy. Mike could've ran away and called the others, but he stayed. He actually stayed and did something JoJo enjoys.

Mike was nice.

Mike hugged him back, his own grin growing on his face. "Anytime."

JoJo giggled and pulled back, quickly turning to look at his speaker. The Fallen. Franz Ferdinand.

JoJo turned back to Mike and smiled. "Would now be considered a good time?"

Mike smiled himself and began feeling the music, losing himself. But he was alone.

He was with JoJo. They were gone together.

————————————————————————

Did I listen to 'Dancing With Myself' by Billy Idol three times for this? And I regret nothing.

I had a hard time choosing 'Song 2' or 'Parklife' for our designated Blur song because they are both so good. I kind of wish BritPop would pop up again. (Pun very much intended)

I learned that when I was born, it was raining, but the next day the sun came out. It was raining this morning so I thought that was fun.