Moving In- Blush

I'm currently trying to make a Newsies army out of paper frogs. If you know how to make paper newsboy hats, please let me know.
——————————————————————

Nicholas drove to the small one story house, sighing when he stopped near the curb. He turned the car off and unbuckled the seatbelt. He opened the car door and stepped out, stretching his back and arms.

Two hours in a moving truck will cause you to do things you never thought you would. Nick has screamed at people, honked at people, flipped people off—although, he only thought about that one.

He moved to the back of the truck, opening the door and grabbing the first box he could carry. He walked up the path, grass sticking through the cracks, and stopped at the door. He placed the key in the key hole, ignoring the noise from across the street.

They are really loud, he thought, walking through the house to his bedroom, placing the package on the floor.

The house was a two bedroom, one story building, with one kitchen, one dining room, and one living room. There was a garage outside, but there wasn't much use for it- which his landlord knew, and he insisted for Nick to use it- which didn't matter because he liked to hold parties.

Nick went back outside and to the truck, leaving the door open for easy access. He grabbed another box, and went back inside, placing it in the kitchen.

He did this until every box he hauled for two hours was gone, going into his new home and to the rooms they belonged in. Nicholas let go of a breath, placing his hands on his hips, and looking into the truck.

"Now, here comes the hard part", he muttered, rolling his eyes, and looking to his right to find someone staring at him.

The guy was one of the five that, assumably, lived across the street. Nick squinted his eyes at him, seeing something on the right of his face covering his eye. Nick shrugged and looked back to the truck, sighing once again.

"I forgot that was here", he grumbled, grabbing a lamp—a very heavy lamp—and carried it inside with quite a bit of struggle.

He grabbed another item and did the same, doing it until he only had tables, chairs, and a bed frame left.

"Maybe I should've brought all of this stuff here on separate days", Nick says aloud, unaware anyone can hear him.

"Well, you could've done that", Nick turns to the stranger beside him, "but then I probably would've never come over here."

Nick stared at his face, taking in all of his features.

The stranger smiled and looked at the truck. "Need some help with that?"

Nick shook his head and stuck his hand out. "Nicholas Meyers."

The stranger—who was rather a bit taller, may I add—shook his hand and looked Nick in the eyes. "Names Louis Balletti, but my friends call me Blink. I'm here for a "Summer Soakin'" party."

Nick titled his head slightly. "Summer Soakin'?"

"Oh, right, sorry", Blink chuckled, shaking his head. "It's an end of the summer party. My friend Jack is hosting it at his house."

Nick giggled nervously, just now realizing Louis' shirt was soaked with water. "Oh- uh, yeah, that- that's cool."

Blink chuckled and looked back at the truck. "So...help?"

"Oh!" Nick looked back at the furniture, staring at it disappointedly. "Yeah. The furniture."

Blink laughed. "Come on. The sooner we get to work, the faster we get it done."

——————

Blink placed a chair on the floor in the living room. He wiped the sweat off of his brow. Nick walked out of the kitchen with a bottle of water, walking up to Blink and handing it to him.

"Here you go", Nick says, a smile on his face. "Sorry I couldn't have been more help."

He could've been. Nick is pretty strong, but he couldn't miss the chance of seeing a very attractive person use his muscles. It was very worth it.

"It's cool", Blink says, taking a sip of water. "It was nice giving you a show."

Nick choked on air as his face turned as red as Dorothy's shoes. He stared at Blink, trying to act as clueless as possible. "What- what are you talking about?"

Blink rolled his eyes and smirked. "You didn't think I didn't see you staring at me, right?"

Nick looked away, his face still just as red. "It would be a comforting thought."

Blink laughed and took another sip of water. He placed the the cap on the bottle, raising an eyebrow at Nick's empty hands. "No water?"

"Oh, yeah, no. I don't really need it", Nick went to the kitchen, looking at Blink when he followed him.

Blink scoffed. "Everyone needs water. Plus, I was hoping you wouldn't be dead when I asked for your number."

Nick's face erupted with color as he giggled. "Smooth."

"I try", Blink responds, looking Nick up and down. He walked closer to him and walked placed a thumb and a finger on his chin, turning his face to him.

"Gosh, you're so blushy, Mush", Blink says, smirking when the shorter's face became more red.

"You know", Nick- or Mush, now- starts, darting his eyes away. "It really was a good plan."

"Oh, of course it was", Blink agreed, smiling at the shorter's nervous behavior. "Had me completely fooled."

Mush crossed his arms, still looking at the stove. "It would've worked. It should've worked."

"But it was still a good plan."

Mush rolled his eyes, pouting.

"Hey", Blink chuckled. "Don't get sour on me, now."

Mush looked at him, still pouting. "Whatever."

Blink chuckled, moving his hands to rest of Mush's shoulders. He tried to grab his eyesight, something Mush was really good at keeping away.

"How about this?" Mush looked back at Blink. "I'll take you to my friends house, we pump you with at least three bottles of water, then you can meet my friends and play Water Tag with us?"

Mush smiled softly, looking away again. "Yeah...wait. Pump me full of water? And what's "Water Tag?"

Blink gave a fake laugh, wrapping an arm around Mush, leading him towards the front door. "You're silly, Mushy."

"Well, Louis-"

"Blinky."

"B-Blinky", Mush continued, his face red and a smile present. "You're a pretty funny thing yourself."

————————————————————————

I've published, like, four chapters today lol. It was actually really fun.

If anyone has any suggestions, questions (for me or the 🕺newsies🕺) or prompts, I'm all ears.

Also, why do we need to drink water everyday? It's extensive, if you ask me.

Bye💃🏾