Architects- RedFinch

"So, now you have to put that there", Albert pointed vaguely as Finch sighed.

"Put what there?" Finch turned back to him in frustration. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"How am I supposed to know?" Albert shook his head, flipping through their instructions. "You're the one that widdles, or whatever..."

Finch sighed again. "You know what? Let's not argue. Just tell me what to do."

Albert nodded and looked at the pictures. "What are we making anyway?"

"I am making a cabinet-"

"Why'd you say "I" like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like the way you said it! What? You don't think I'm doing anything to help?!"

Finch sighed, getting ready to try and not argue with his boyfriend.

——————

Finch and Albert sat on the couch, staring at the pile of wood.

"I think we did something wrong", Albert comments, tilting his head. "It looks like something you'd see at a museum."

"Like one of those pieces that don't make any sense, but Jack and Davey call it art?" Finch chuckled when Albert nodded. "I know what you mean."

Albert sighed and threw his head back. "Who knew making a cabinet could be so hard?"

"Uh, Buttons did", Finch nodded, staring at the ceiling as he remembered. "And then he laughed at us and wished us luck."

Albert stared at the manual in his hands. "I'm sorry I argued with you."

Finch sat up and looked at his boyfriend in question. "What?"

"We never get anything done when we do it, and I should've known that because now we're well into five hours of doing this, and we still have no cabinet", Albert rambled, avoiding eye contact. "It's all my fault. We could've been done hours ago, but I just had to open my mouth-"

"Al", Finch chuckled, cupping his lover's face. "It's not your fault. Nothing's you're fault, you could never have them. You're, like, perfect."

Albert smiled and rolled his eyes, blushing. "And I'm sorry, too. I should've asked for help if I needed it, and not disregarded your way of helping. I'm sorry I got frustrated."

"Finch, stop apologizing", Albert says. "You have a right to feel frustrated, but you gotta stop being so passive. It's like living with another me all the time."

Finch laughed and kissed Albert's forehead. "Well, I think you're pretty great."

"I like your funny words, magic man."

"Yeah, yeah."

"So", Albert cleared his throat, glancing at the horrible attempt at a cabinet. "Wanna try again?"

Finch smiled and dragged Albert to the floor, bringing the instructions with him. He and his boyfriend took apart their project and started again, this time smiling and making jokes.

Over the span of three hours, Finch and Albert built a cabinet by watching YouTube videos, singing spontaneously, and reading from the instructions. Albert could feel his love grow for the other, and Finch felt himself fall in love again.

"There", Finch breathed, turning Albert. "We did it."

Albert smiled and kissed Finch's cheek, causing him to flush. "It's great! I'm proud of us."

Finch laughed and wrapped an arm around his boyfriend. "Me, too."

They sit there and stare at their creation, looking at it from different angles. "Something's missing..."

"Wanna paint it?" Albert looked at Finch with a wide smiled, innocence in his eyes. Finch laughed and got up, grabbing paint and paint brushes.

"Let's make art."

————————————————————————

REEEEEEDDDDDFINCHHHHHHH

REDFINCH!

I didn't have school today because it was very cold, and no one was going to go anyway. (I'm case you didn't know, Texas has an irrational fear of the cold)

I watched half of Dear Evan Hansen, and contemplated why I went to see the movie.

And I actually ate breakfast this morning. It's been a pretty good day. How was yours?