McDonalds- Race, Albert, Davey

Race and Albert were having their weekly movie night at Race's grandmother's house. They were watching Ironman when both found themselves hungry.

Albert was the first to speak on it. "MickyD's?"

"Yes, please,", Race responded.

They walked out of the front door, placing their masks on their faces, then remembering neither had a car. They couldn't use Race's grandmother's Buick because it was 1:30 in the morning. They weren't even supposed to be awake, let alone on their way to McDonald's.

They ended up walking to the fast food restaurant. "What you gonna order?" Albert asked his best friend.

"Probably something simple, like a kids meal", Race answered. "What about you?"

"Maybe two large fries and a drink."

They walked into the fast food palace- it was only 5 minutes away. No one seemed to be behind the counter right now, but they knew they didn't just break in. Again.

They waited in "line" and made conversation. Every so often they adjusted their masks to be more comfortable.

"There's no way you could do that."

"Believe it! I could totally do it."

"I have a hard time believing you when you say you'll feed me."

"Yeah, well- wait. You think I'm paying for you?"

"Well, you do owe me a favor-"

"Hi, what can I get for you?"

The boys turned their attention to the man behind the counter, shock tracing their faces.

"Davey?!" Race looked the boy up and down, confirming it was the mom friend of their little group. "Why are you here?"

"Gee, Race", Davey rolled his eyes. "You'd think you of all people would be happy to see me."

Race waved him off and turned to the redhead beside him. "You good there, buddy?"

"You work at McDonalds?!" Albert shouted in disbelief. "Davey works at McDonalds!"

"Yeah", Davey said. "We got that."

It had been a long night for him. He had to drive Les home, then finish his homework in the back room. He then sat for hours, waiting for his shift to arrive because he's punctual. It didn't make the situation better when he waited over three hours for someone to walk through that door or pull into the drive-thru. Sure, it was routine, but it was tiring.

"Gosh, Davey, you don't have to be so rude."

"Sorry! It's just been a really long night and I'm super tired", Davey sighed and faked a smile. "What can I get you guys?"

"I'll take", Race started. He looked at the menu above Davey, acting as if he didn't already know what he wanted, "a kids meal."

Davey stared at him. "You want....a kids meal?"

"Yep", Race popped the 'p'. "I order it all the time. The toys are awesome."

"Then why don't you just get a meal from Sonic?"

"Their toys suck booty and their burgers are the flattest things in the world."

Davey looked at Albert trying to confirm the statement.

"He got banned from Sonic", Albert picked at his nails. "I'll take two large fries and a coke."

Davey nodded and grabbed the food from the kitchen. When he finished, he put the fries in a separate bag and gave Race his kids meal. Davey gave the blond boy a Hi-C fruit punch and got a CoCa Cola for Albert. "That'll be $10.48."

Albert and Race stood there surprised. "What? Can't we get a discount?"

Davey shook his head. "Not how it works, dude."

Albert sighed and paid for his fries. Race copied his action as they devoured their food at a nearby table. At 2:00, Davey came from the back room with his stuff.

"Heya, Davey", Race asked, face stuffed. "Where ya going?"

Davey looked at him. "I'm going home, Racer."

"But why? The night is young."

"It's two in the morning, Race."

"Well, why don't you come to my place? It's where we're heading anyway."

Davey thought it over. His brother was at home with his mom, probably asleep. His dad was probably at work but he'll be there soon. They might be frantic in the morning but who really cares?

"Alright", Davey agreed. "Sure, let's do it."

Albert and Race cheered and hurried to grab their food. All three boys walked out of the door and away from the restaurant to Race's house. When they got there, they each sat down on the couch and resumed the movie, falling asleep at around three.

When Davey woke up, he could smell bacon and eggs. Unfortunately, he was distracted by the fact his phone was going off every two seconds. He grabbed it, his eyes becoming wider at the number of messages he was receiving. 'Chicken strips', he thought.

He grabbed his bag and ran out the door. "Gotta go Race! See ya on Monday!"

He ran to his house, hanging on to the hope that his mom didn't call the police.