Gay-tervention- Davey, Sprace, Albert

Davey looked down at his phone, looking up again and the run-down building. Apparently, this is the right place.

Spot asked him to meet him here- why? No one actually knows- and told him not to bring anything but his phone. All in all, it was a weird request, and Davey probably shouldn't have went, but it's Spot and Spot never talks to anyone but Race, so this could be interesting.

"Hey!" Davey looked up to see Spot in the window. "You wanna stand out there all day? Move your butt!"

Sometimes I forget how aggressive he is, Davey thought as he hurried into the building and jogged into the elevator. "But then again, he scares me whenever I see him."

When Davey got to Spot's apartment door, it was weirdly already open and unlocked. He walked in cautiously, expecting to see Spot sitting on his couch or something.

At least Spot was sitting.

"Yo", the leader said, turning around in a desk chair, stroking a stuffed cat. "Welcome to your gay-tervention."

"My- my what?" Davey's eyes squinted in confusion as he looked around the room. "This feels cultish. Are you trying to kidnap me so I join your cult?"

"What- no. I'm here for different reasons. By the way, this was Race's idea. He just had work today so he couldn't do this. He gave me a script, though."

Spot pulled a stack of papers and held it up. "It's lengthier than it looks."

"Okay- wait", Davey huffed, exasperated. He held a finger up and had a mocking smile on his face. "I'm not- I'm not gay."

"Well, sure", Spot shrugged, adjusting himself in his chair. Why do they even have that chair? Davey looked it over. They don't even have a desk. "But you're definitely a semi-functioning bisexual."

"I- what?" To say the least, Dave was becoming more and more confused as he continued to talk to Spot.

"And you have a crush on Jack."

"Okay- woah!" Davey stood up as his face flushed with color. "Who told you that?!"

"You did", Spot says calmly, folding his hands. "Indirectly."

"I-I don't have a crush on Jack", Davey said, pacing the room. "I don't."

It sounded more like he was trying to convince himself. Did he like Jack? No. There was no way.

"Describe him", Spot, apparently, had gotten up from his seat. He pushed Davey back into his chair. "For yourself."

Davey laughed bitterly and looked away. "I don't like him."

Spot rolled his eyes and groaned. "I'm not going to force you, but you will realize sooner or later. But it's up to you what you do with it."

"Wow", Davey says, looking at Spot. "That was deep, but it made absolutely no sense."

Spot shrugged. "You should still do it."

Davey rolled his eyes, scowling. "You know what? Fine. Jack is annoying, and obnoxious, and loud, and a liar, and kind, and a good listener, and ambitious, and really, really hot."

Spot sat back, watching Davey's face of realization. He laughed, a smirk present on his face. "Boom."

"Oh my", Davey placed his face in hands. "Oh my, God!"

"And that", Spot pointed at the taller, grabbing a random cup that wasn't on in front of them before, taking a sip of the drink, "is the ultimate moment in your life."

"What- what do I do?" Davey started freaking out, much to Spot's surprise. "I-I don't know what- why- oh my, God."

"Uh, hey, Dave. Just, um, calm down", Spot tried to comfort Davey, but, as expected, he has no idea what he's doing. "It's okay."

"Yeah", Davey nodded. "Yeah. You're right. It's absolutely fine. I'm okay."

Davey sat back awkwardly, twiddling his thumbs. "So, what do I do?"

"Tell him, obviously."

"What?!" Davey stood abruptly, almost startling Spot. Almost. "I absolutely can't do that!"

"Why not?"

"Because", Davey paused, looking for something to stare at. "Because I'm not ready for that. I'm still trying to figure out what- what I am. I just- I can't."

Spot nodded, offering a small smile. "And that's okay. I shouldn't have pushed."

Davey smiled, and sat back in the silence. Spot cleaned the dirt from under his nails silently, leaving Davey to think and fidget around. He pulled at his shirt and messed around with his fingers, somehow saying absolutely nothing.

"So", Davey started, looking up at Spot. "Why did you decide to help me? I'm sure you had anything better to do than deal with my disasters."

Spot shrugged, still looking at his nails. "You're one of my favorites."

"I'm sorry", Davey shook his head. "Your what?"

"My favorites", Spot looked up at Davey. "You know I rank you guys, right?"

"Oh", Davey says, looking less confused. "I'm not surprised, actually."

Spot shrugged. "You're actually my third favorite newsie."

Davey's eyes widened in surprise. "Now that I didn't expect."

"Yeah", Spot sighed, rubbing his hands on his jeans. "Me neither."

Davey decided to ignore that insult. "Well, who's your second?"

"Race."

Davey furrowed his brows. "Race."

"Thats what I said, David", Spot huffed, rolling his eyes.

"But shouldn't he be your first?"

"Just because I love him doesn't mean I have to like him." Spot looked at the door then the clock.

"Well, who's your first?" Davey eyes him suspiciously.

"Elmer, actually", Spot nodded. "I think he's chill."

Davey laughed, causing Spot to smile. "Right."

"Honey, I'm home!" Davey and Spot looked at the door to see Race walking in. The blonde stopped when he saw Davey. "Oh."

"Hey, Race", Davey greeted, a slight tone of bitterness in his voice. "How are you?"

Spot covered his mouth to mask his giggles. Race swallowed. "Pretty- pretty good. You?"

"Oh, you know", Davey shrugged, smiling evilly. "Just getting ready to shave all of your hair off."

Race's eyes widened as Spot died laughing silently, his hand still on his mouth. Race stood at the door, looking around for the exit. He ran to the patio, Davey not far behind.

—————

"Hey, Ra- holy hell, what happened to you?" Albert opened the door to see a Racetrack Higgins with a weird bald spot on the back of his head.

"Just clean me up", Race muttered bitterly,  walking into Albert's house with his arms crossed.