Episode 62

(9800+ words)

Shie Hassaikai Hideout

Shigaraki enters the room where Overhaul sits.

"I was made to walk in circles underground for 30 minutes. I feel like I've become an ant! What's up with a yakuza's house, anyway?" Shigaraki complains.

"We don't know who's watching or from where, nor do we know what our guests are thinking. A number of underground routes lead here. This reception room is also one of our hidden underground rooms." Overhaul said.

"We've been able to survive until now because of small details like this." The small guy said. "Anyway! What you said the other day on the phone- You meant it, right? That you'd join us as long as certain conditions were met.".

Shigaraki sits down, "Don't interpret it in your favor." He places his right foot on the table while holding his knee. "You guys want the name of our League of Villains. We want to increase our strength. Our needs coincide.".

"Put your foot down. It'll get dirty." Overhaul said.

"'Will you put your foot down, please?' That's what you should be saying, young head. You should really be bowing to me. First, we won't put ourselves under you. We'll move however we want. Half- in other words, a joint partnership. If that's what this is, then we'll help." Shigaraki said.

"So those are the conditions?" Overhaul questions.

"One more thing. That plan you said you had. Tell me what it is. That's a reasonable condition. I want to consider whether or not there's merit in lending you our name. For that matter-" He tries to grab something from his jacket but the little guy flexes a big arm and the guy in white cloak points his gun at his head.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. You're doing too much of what you want."

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, PUNK?!"

"Who do you think you are? One of your disposable small fry versus our Hikiishi. Those lives are not worth the same. Plus, the worth of one of Compress' arms. If we don't get some concessions from you, then it won't be worth it for us." Shigaraki moves his hand.

"Stay back, Kurono, Mimic. He came all this way with his offer. Let's hear him out to the end." He told his two grunts and turns back to Shigaraki, "You weren't finished." He gestures Shigaraki to continue.

"Tell me the details of your plan. Well, I have some idea of what it is, anyway." He shows the bullet. "It has something to do with this, right? Right after this was shot into Compress, he couldn't use his Quirk for a while. What is this? What are you planning to do with this? Tell me." He demands.

"I'm going to break the status quo. I heard All For One ruled by stealing Quirks. I fine-tuned his method a little. I already have my roots spread out across the entire country. Little by little, preparations are going according to plan...".

UA next day

"KIRISHIMA, OI!" Denki calls him and shows his phone. "YOUR NAME! YOUR HERO NAME'S IN THE NEWS ONLINE! SUGE! 'Newcomer Sidekick Red Riot Bursts onto the Scene! From his first day, he takes responsibility for the citizens and fights a villain by himself.' That's what it says!".

Ashido did the same but for Asui and Uraraka, "Tsu-chan and Uraraka, you're amazing! Your names are here! Let's see, 'New Sidekicks at Ryukyu Agency. Two there for a work study!'."

"Wow, that makes me happy! There it is!" Uraraka said while she looks at the phone she grabbed from Ashido.

"I wonder where they took the picture from..." Asui said.