Ikkaku x reader | There's No Need to Apologise

Requested by Juerus ! (Platonic x reader)

Ikkaku absolutely hated you.

First of all, she never agreed to this alliance with your crew. It wasn't like she could just ask her captain to break it off, she wasn't in charge of that. Neither would he allow for it. The whole thing wouldn't have been so bad if you were simply just an 'ally', but no, you just had to go and become her captain's girlfriend.

She wasn't jealous, she couldn't care less. Law was more like an older brother to her or some such thing, nothing like a love interest. But something deep down, maybe just on the surface but she didn't want to admit, annoyed her to no end.

No matter your attempts at trying to be friendly.

The sun was out, beating down on the decks of both vessels. Between the Sunny and the Polar Tang there was a walkway; allowing the two crews to interact. On the deck of the jolly ship belonging to the Straw Hat Pirates, there was an ongoing game of volleyball. It was a simple game and was crew against crew - more Sanji and Zoro versus Penguin and Shachi.

Her dark eyes followed as her crewmates got a very lucky goal, a small smile tickling at her lips. She was off to one side and preferred to stay closer to her own vessel, not getting too involved with the others. And for once, she was in a good mood. Ikkaku was more than happy just to sit about and relax the day away.

There was really only one thing that could ruin it.

"Hey! Ikkaku?"

Immediately, the small smile flickered away from her face. Her palm was pressed into her cheek as she leaned on the railings of the Sunny, giving her this angry chipmunk look. Especially as she frowned harder, noticing as you approached her.

You yourself had a smile on your face. Considering the hot weather, you also had a bikini on. Ikkaku was not a girl to shame others, but she was a little salty at your efforts. She herself was just wearing the same old jumpsuit.

Her eyes trailed off to the floor.

"Hi, (L/n)."

Despite her furrow, you beamed. You skipped up next to her and leaned on the railings, tilting your head back so that the warm sun bounced off your cheeks.

Though, you quickly redirected your eyes to the curly-haired woman with a tilt to your head.

"Not going to get into a swimsuit?"

The dark haired girl didn't even offer you a look as she remained nonchalant.

"No."

Your smile turned into a pout.

"Aw, seems a shame, really. The weather's so nice out here!"

Even when you were just being kind, there was something about you that just irked her. Her eyebrows twitched and she felt this bubble to her blood, one that made her itch all over.

The feeling was so intense that she simply had to pry herself away from the railings and step over onto her deck, her back facing you. Her curly hair bounced over her shoulders and her black gloves strained a little as she clenched her fists.

"I'm good. Why don't you spend some time with my captain? He seems to appreciate your company."

Little did she know as she half-stormed away, you sent her a pitiful look. It was less out of pity, though, and more out of sorrow.

Turning away yourself, you headed off towards your boyfriend who waited for you by the mast.

"Oh... yeah, okay..."