Gym

Sam POV

I'm grabbing my workout bag before heading to the gym. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a treadmill for my home gym yet, so I'm gonna have to interact with people today. 

I throw a jacket on over my gym clothes, pull on my headphones, and head out.  

As I'm walking towards the gym while looking and my phone and listening to music, I see feet step out in front of me. I stop walking and pull my headphones off. I look up to see a larger man standing in front of me, he looks me up and down and licks his lips, gross. 

Sam: Excuse me 

I move around him and start to walk again. I can hear his footsteps behind me. I start to walk quicker, and I hear his footsteps get faster too. I hear him get closer to me and feel him pinch my ass. I freeze on the spot and my body starts to tense up. I feel his hand slip his hand under my jacket and up my hips. I nudged him off and continued to walk, I took a turn in the road, hoping I'd lose him.  But after a while I felt a hand around my wrist I look next to me and see the same man holding my arm.  I push him away.

Sam: Get away from me!

I start to run away from him, but he runs ahead of me and blocks my path. I back away from him slowly trying not to look too scared, when I hear a voice from behind me. I let out a sigh of relief.

?: Hey! Leave her alone!

I look behind me and see a woman in a bleached black shirt and white jeans. She looks like a new character, but I don't think we were expecting anyone new. 

Creep: And why do you think I'm gonna listen to you?

She reaches into her pocket, pulls out a switchblade and points it at the guy. He backs away a bit and the girl motions for me to go over to her. I rush over to her.

Sam: *whispers* Thank you

?: *whispers* no problem

She turns back towards the guy.

?: Now get out f here!

He rolls his eyes and walks away.

Sam: seriously, thank you for that.

?: It's not a big deal. *shrug*

Sam: So, what's your name? I've never seen you in town before, but we haven't been expecting anyone new.

?: Yeah, I'm new. Gabrielle said something about it being unexpected too. The names Alanis by the way.

Sam: Oh, cool. I'm Sam.

Alanis: Alright, well I was just heading to the gym.

Sam: I'm going there too. And me and some of the others are meeting up at the Broken Bottle later, do you want to join? Y'know, introduce yourself to the others.

Alanis: Sure, that'd be chill.

Sam: Cool, well I should get going. Do you need me to show you how to get to gym.

Alanis: Yeah, I'd like that.

Sam: Ight

I motion for her to follow me and we head towards the gym.