Butterfly Boutique

Iris POV

I'm going to the Butterfly Boutique to pick up a new outfit, I only have two right now and they're both worn already, Maxine said this was the best place in town to get clothing and she has great style. Maxine also gave me a map of the town for me to follow until I get used to where everything is.

I follow the path on the map until I get to a medium-sized, pink, yellow, white, and blue striped building with a statue of a blue butterfly on its roof.

(It looks like this, don't mind the bad drawing)

I push open the door and go inside. Standing at the front counter is a woman dressed almost entirely in yellow and with yellow hair, working at the computer.

Iris: Um, hello.

She lifts her head up and smiles at me.

Daffodil: Oh, hello, I'm Daffodil, what can we do for you today?

Iris: I-

Daffodil: Hey, you're new in town aren't you?

Iris: Yeah, just got here this week, and I haven't gotten any clothes besides the ones in my house so I was wondering if you could help.

Daffodil: Sure, go see Daisy, she'll help you pick out an outfit.

She points to the back of the store.

I walk through the aisles, toward the back of the store. When I reach the back, a woman wearing a white dress greets me.

Daisy: Hello, what are ya looking for today?

Iris: I need some new clothes.

Daisy: Anything specific?

Iris: I'm not really sure what to look for.

Daisy: Hmm

She looks me up and down.

Daisy: Wait here one second.

She walks off, into a room labeled "Employees only"

A few minutes later she comes back holding some clothes.

Daisy: Here, try these on, the change room is over there.

She points to the change rooms.

I go in and change into the outfit Daisy picked out. It's a beautiful red, black and yellow dress, with a red net collar, combat boots, and pearl earrings.

 It's a beautiful red, black and yellow dress, with a red net collar, combat boots, and pearl earrings

Iris: wow this looks awesome! Thanks!

Daisy: No problem.

I walk to the front and Daffodil rings me up, I pull some cash out of my purse and hand it to her.

Daffodil: Glad you found something you liked, feel free to come back if you need anything else.

Iris: I will, thanks

I wave goodbye and walk out the door.

As I start to walk away from the boutique, I bump into a woman with darker blonde hair and wearing all black, holding a stack of flyers.

August: Oh, sorry, I'm kind of clumsy.

She looks up at me but avoids eye contact.

Iris: It's fine

She walks around me toward the boutique.

Iris: Hey, what are the flyers for?

August: Oh, there's going to be a play at the local theatre next Friday, I'm gonna ask Daffodil if I can put one up here.

She hands one of the flyers to me.

Iris: Oh, cool! I'll definitely be there.

August: Great.

Iris: Well, I've got to go now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

August POV

I walk into the boutique and Daffodil is sitting at the front desk.

Daffodil: Hey August!

I don't say anything, I just wave at her.

A wave? Seriously? Why am I always so fucking awkward?

Wait, what was I doing?

Right! Asking to put up a flyer.

August: Umm, Daffodil, do you mind if I put a flyer on the door?

Daffodil: What's it for?

August: Oh, uh... we're doing a play of Alice in Wonderland at the theatre, and the flyers are to spread the news about it.

Daffodil: Yeah, of course you can put it up.

August: Great.

I set the stack of flyers on the ground, and grab one of them to put it up. Shit, I didn't bring tape.

August: Hey, umm, Daffodil

Daffodil: Hmm?

August: Sorry, uh, can I use some of your tape?

I point to the tape dispenser on her desk.

Daffodil: Oh, yeah, sure.

I take a piece of tape from the dispenser and stick the flyers to the door.

I look up at the clock and, SHIT, I'm late for rehearsal. I rush out the door and I start to run down the street when I trip and crash on the ground, my flyers fall through the air. Daffodil peaks out the door.

Daffodil: Are you okay?

She rushes over to me and helps me up.

August: No, I'm... fine.

Daffodil picks up my flyers and hands them to me.

August: Thanks

Daffodil: No problem, just watch your step.

I blush from embarrassment.

August: Um- I've got to go.

I get up and head towards the theatre.