Alanis

Gabrielle POV

I'm working at my computer when the alarm on my phone goes off. I pick up my phone to check the time.

Ugh- time to get the newbie.

I close my computer and get up from my desk. I run downstairs and out to the parking lot. I get over to my Toyota corolla and start the engine.

Oh, this is gonna be a stressful week.

-------------------Time Skip---------------------------

I pull up to The Waiting Zone and get out of my car. The door to the house is open and there isn't anyone inside. Though someone clearly WAS here, there are a few empty monster energy drinks and an empty popcorn bowl on the couch.

Gabrielle: Umm, hello? I'm here to drive you into town.

?: I'm back here!

Her voice is coming from behind the house. I walk around the house and see a taller woman spray painting a skull and crossbones on the wall.

Gabrielle: Hey! Don't do that!

I grab her arm and pull it away from the wall. Oh shit- I can feel her biceps- they big.

?: What's the big deal, it's just a wall?

Gabrielle: Yeah, but you're not the only one using this house. And now it's MY responsibility to cover it up.

?: Alright, sorry, I guess.

Gabrielle: *sighs* it's fine... it's fine. So... Hi, I'm Gabrielle, I'm here to drive you into town and show you around.

?: Tight. My name's Alanis.

She turns away from the wall and faces me, so I finally get a good look at her. She's got platinum hair with darker roots and... bangs? Don't get me wrong, they're cute, they're just different. She's wearing a bleached, black shirt with a symbol on it that matches her spray paint art, and white jeans. Also- damn, her arms.

Gabrielle: Nice to meet you, Alanis. My cars out front, we should get going.

Alanis: Aight.

I walk back to my car and Alanis follows behind me. As we're walking I hear her humming You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrisette- oh, that makes sense, her song must be a cover.

We get to my car and she gets into the passenger seat. I get into the driver's seat.

Gabrielle: You can use the radio if you want

She smiles and turns the radio to a rock station.

I start to drive back to town.

Alanis puts her feet up on the front of the car.

Gabrielle: Can you put your feet down-

Alanis: No

😑- fine.

-------------------Time Skip---------------------------------

While we're driving I hear a loud boom coming from outside the car. I start to hear air leaving the tire and the car slows down.

Gabrielle: FUCK-

Alanis: What happened?

Gabrielle: My tire popped

I get out of the car to get a better look at it.

Alanis: Do you have a spare one in the trunk?

Gabrielle: I do but... um...

Alanis: What?

Gabrielle: I... don't know how to change a tire

Yes, I know I'm an adult and I should know how to change a tire, but I've been the mayor since I've been here and I just never had time to learn.

Alanis: I can change it.

Gabrielle: Really?

Alanis: Yeah, no problem.

She walks behind the car and opens the trunk. She gets out my spare tire and some tools that came with the car. She gets onto the ground and grabs a big stone and puts it in front of the tire.

Alanis: Can you pass me that

She points to another large stone.

Gabrielle: Umm, sure. Why?

Alanis: To make sure the car doesn't roll away.

Gabrielle: Oh, okay.

I pick up the stone and pass it to her. She puts it behind the tire.

Alanis: thanks.

She picks up a wrench and uses the flat end to get the hubcap off. She starts to loosen the lug nuts.

As Alanis is working on the tire I see sweat start to drip down her forehead and arms. She glances back at me.

Alanis: What're you staring at?

Shit- was I-

Gabrielle: Uh- nothing

Alanis: mmm-hmm

She leans forward and sticks her ass out more.

Gabrielle: Whatever.

I walk back to the front of the car and sit on the hood of the car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Alanis POV

After a while, I finally finish changing the tire. I grab the used tire and get it back into the trunk along with the tools.

Alanis: I'm done!

I walk back to the passenger seat and get into the car. Gabrielle gets into the driver's seat again. I see her hand on the wheel- there's a ring on her ring finger.

Alanis: Hey, sorry if what I did made you uncomfortable.

Gabrielle: It's fine. And thanks for changing my tire.

Alanis: No problem.