Samantha

Sam POV

I'm at home working out. I turned my garage into a home gym, which is great 'cus it's so much more quiet than the public gym. Plus, when I'm at home I don't have to interact with people.

I finish doing pull-ups when I hear my doorbell ring. I pull my headphones off my ears. I lift up the garage door a bit to see who's there. Oh, good it's just Phoenix.

Sam: Hey Nix!

I push the garage door up the rest of the way and run over to her.

Phoenix: Oh, there you are.

She hides her arms behind her. Weird. I grab her hand so I can see it. There are burn marks on her hand and down the front of her arm. I look back up at her, waiting for an explanation.

Phoenix: It was an accident, I swear.

Sam: Promise?

She nods and gives me puppy dog eyes.

Sam: Fine, but if you get tempted to start doing it again you need to talk to me.

Phoenix: Yeah, I know

She pulls her hand away.

I really hope she isn't lying, I really want her to be okay.

I open the door to my house and grab a pair of fingerless gloves off the shelf.

Sam: Here, you can wear these.

I hand Phoenix the gloves and she puts them on.

Phoenix: Thanks.

Sam: So, why'd ya come over?

Phoenix: I was just wondering if you would come to The Broken Bottle with me?

Ugh, I really was not in the mood to go out today.

Sam: I don't know, I don't feel like seeing people, other than you obviously.

Phoenix: But no one else wants to hang out with me, and going on my own is boring. Pleeeease can we go?

I'd really rather not, but damn it she's giving me those fucking puppy dog eyes again.

Sam: Okay, fine

Phoenix: Yay!

Phoenix grabs my arm and starts to pull me toward The Broken Bottle.

------------------------Mini time skip-----------------------------------

We get to The Broken Bottle and I grab us a booth while Phoenix gets our drinks. I put my headphones on and pull my phone out of my pocket. I go to Spotify, I put on my playlist, and Honestly starts to play (yeah my fav song is my own song, so what). I put my feet up on the edge of the table and my foot starts to bounce with the beat of the music.

A few minutes later Phoenix walks over to me with our drinks. She hands me a glass of whiskey.

Sam: Thanks

Phoenix: You're welcome

I take a sip before setting it on the table. Nix sits next to me and pulls my arm around her shoulders. She sips her bellini then puts it down next to mine. I turn my music up and close my eyes, no distractions, just music.

After a little while, Phoenix pulls off my headphones.

Sam: What was that for?

She nudges me with her elbow and points in front of us. I look up and see Max, who's staring at me, next to the newbie, Iris, who I haven't actually gotten to meet yet. Oh great, people.