"Normal"

Shatter POV

Light pierces through my eyelids as I start to regain feeling in my body. I must have been asleep, I don't remember falling asleep, I don't really remember anything from yesterday. I open my eyes and see I'm laying on the couch.

Suddenly, pain shoots through my body, followed by a wave of nausea. It takes a minute for me to adjust.

I look down at my arm, it's wrapped in a bandages. What happened?

Barbie: Oh hey, you're up. How're you feeling?

I turn my head to where her voice is coming from and see Barbie get up from the armchair behind me and walk over to me.

Shatter: Uh, my arm and chest hurt. W-What happened?

Barbie: Well, we were at the movies last night and you fainted as we were leaving. I noticed you were bleeding so I brought you to your house and put bandages on your wounds.

Shatter: Oh, well, thank you.

Barbie: Of course.

Shatter: No, seriously, thank you for caring enough to do that.

Barbie: What else would I have done, just left you bleeding? Anyone would've done what I did.

Shatter: *mumbles*  Yeah... you'd be surprised.

She pauses for a second before continuing to talk.

Barbie: so...do you remember how you got the cuts?

Shatter: umm...

As I try to think back to yesterday, I start remembering what happened with Angel.

*Wow- you really are a freak*

*I mean look at you. You're fucking terrifying, no wonder everyone's scared of you*

*You think Barbie actually wants to be friends with you?  Please, she just pities you. And eventually, she'll realize you're not worth it, just like everyone else.*

My face heats up and I feel tears start to stream down my cheeks.

Barbie: Shatter?

I bring my knees up to my chest and bury my head in my knees to hide my tears from Barbie.

Barbie: Are you okay?

I try to say something but I can't find the words, so I just shake my head 'no'. 

She gets up off the floor and sits next to me on the couch. I feel her put her arm around me and helps me rest my head on her shoulder. 

Barbie: Come on, tell me what's wrong.

Shatter: I- I- GOD, I JUST WISH I WAS FUCKING NORMAL

More tears start to pour out, my heart is pounding and I start to shake. I feel a rush of electricity run through my body. No, no, no, not again.

I feel Barbie rub circles on my back and hold my hand.

Barbie: Hey, hey, it's okay, you're okay. Just focus on my voice. Take deep breaths.

Her words echo through my brain and my breathing steadies. I feel the electricity die down and I stop shaking. 

I open my eyes to see Barbie smiling at me. She- she stopped me from glitching, not even Lexie has been able to do that.

Barbie: You okay now?

I take another deep breath before answering.

Shatter: y-yeah, I'm okay.

Barbie: Good. 

She wipes the tears from my cheeks.

Barbie: Shatter, listen you don't need to be normal to be awesome. There are so many amazing things you can do because you're different.

Shatter: That's easy for you to say, you're not an Unstable.

Barbie: Yeah, I am.

Shatter: Wait, what?

Barbie: Yeah.

Shatter: But I've never you use a power.

Barbie: Yeah, it freaks people out when I use it, so I don't do it much.

Shatter: Oh, could I see your power?

Barbie: Uh... fine, but promise you won't freak out

Shatter: It's me we're talking about.

Barbie: Okay..

She reaches her hands up and grabs either side of her head. What is she...? Barbie pulls up and her head detaches from her body.

Shatter: HOLY SHIT-

There's no blood or anything, but it's still, just... unexpected.

Barbie: You said you wouldn't freak out.

Shatter: *sigh* I'm not, I'm not, just please put it back on.

Barbie: Alright

She lowers her head back onto her neck.

Shatter: So, that's your power.

Barbie: Yeah, I can with my hand and feet too.

Shatter: Well that's... interesting

Barbie: It's weird, I get it, but it's not bad.

Shatter: You're right, it's not bad, I'm just not used to it.

Barbie: Yeah, exactly.

Shatter: Alright, well, uh- I think I'm feeling well enough to stand up.

Barbie: Cool, you want to get some breakfast? You must be hungry.

Shatter: Now that you mention it, I am hungry.

Barbie: Then let's go get something to eat.

She puts her arm around me again and helps me up off the couch.