Town meeting

Maxine POV

I wake up early to a beeping sound coming from my phone. Wtf is that? I sit up in bed and stretch out my arms. I can still hear beeping. Where the hell is that coming from? I look around the room until I spot a light coming from my nightstand. Ohh, it's my phone, wait I didn't set an alarm. I reach over and grab my phone. "Town meeting at 7:30 am." Oh shit- I forgot. I jump out of bed and rush out the door with no time to change. I run over to Maddie's room.

Maxine: Hey, Mads it's time to-

I look into Maddie's room. Oh, she's not in her room.

Maddie: I'm over here Max!

I spin around to see Maddie standing next to the front door.

Maxine: Are you all ready to go?

Maddie: Yep, I'm all good. I would have woken you up sooner but you're just so cute when you sleep.

I feel my face turn red. I laugh and roll my eyes. Maddie's cute, but I don't want her to give her the wrong idea, I'm not looking to date someone right now.

Maddie: Anyways! We better get going!

Maxine: Yep! Let's go.

I walk over to Maddie and we go over to my scooter together. I swing my leg over the seat and sit down. I turn to face Maddie and offer she sit behind me.

Maddie POV

I get on Max's scooter and she starts to drive. I wrap my arms around her waist to keep balance. I edge closer to Max and lay my head on her shoulder. It feels nice to be so close to her. Max looks back at me, she looks uncomfortable. I get my head off her shoulder and loosen my grip around her waist. She smiles at me and I smile back.

Maxine: Looks like we're here

She parks her scooter and gets off it. She reaches out her hand offering to help me off the scooter. I take her hand as I dismount it.

We walk through the park, where the town meetings are always held, until we see a crowd of chairs. Hope, Faith, Violet, Daisy, and Daffodil were already sitting, waiting for the meeting to start. Maxine and I took two seats near the front.

-----------------------Time skip-------------------------

Gabrielle POV

All the chairs are full. We're 15 minutes late and I can tell people are getting antsy. I step up in front of the crowd, followed by Rose.

Gabrielle: Hey guys, so today we're having a town meeting...

Sam: Yah, we know!

I turn my head over to Sam who's leaning back in her chair, she very clearly does not want to be here.

I shake her head, a little flustered, and go back to what I was saying.

Gabrielle: So as some of you may know, tomorrow there is going to be someone new arriving in town.

I see some people exchange surprised glances.

Gabrielle: Her name is Iris, her music video is called Shut Me Up, and she is an unstable...

I hear a few gasps coming from the crowd

Hope: Ugh, another one

Everyone turns to look where Hope is sitting, some people giggle at what she said, but most people are angry. I put my hand to my forehead, annoyed.

Rose: and we are going to make sure she feels as welcome and comfortable here as possible,

Gabrielle: because I know some of you have a history of making newbies uncomfortable.

I glance at Sam who rolls her eyes.

Sam: Is this thing over now?

Gabrielle: fine, you're dismissed

Everyone gets up out of their chairs

Gabrielle: Hey, Max, I need to see you

Maxine POV

Why would she need to see me?

Maxine: Oh, okay, Mads do you mind walking home by yourself?

Maddie: no it's fine, this is probably more important

Once everyone clears out I walk over to where Gabrielle and Rose are standing.

Maxine: So, why did you want to see me?

Gabrielle: Okay, so you know how when you got here Trixie showed you and Maddie around and helped you get to know everyone in town?

Maxine: Yeah, why?

Gabrielle: Well, since someone new is coming into town and you're going to be her neighbor, I am assigning you to show her around.

Maxine: Why me? Why not Maddie?

Gabrielle: Listen, Maddie's a nice girl but...

She glances behind her at Rose

Rose: but, she can be... a lot and we don't want to overwhelm the newbie, you're way more chill.

Gabrielle: So, are you up for the challenge?

Maxine: I'll try my best

Gabrielle: Great, she arrives at 8 am tomorrow.

Maxine: Cool. Now can I go, I have a gig at The Broken Bottle

Gabrielle: You're free to go.

I wave goodbye as I rush to my scooter.