Vines

Hope POV

Faith and I are on the sofa, watching tv. Faith has been in such a great mood recently. She's also been spending a lot of time out, which I don't love, but I mean if it makes her happy. It's just- I'm worried she's going to run into someone dangerous and get hurt.

I hear a knock at the door. That's weird. We almost never get visitors.

I go up to the door and look through the peephole. It's Jade. What the hell is she doing here?

Hope: Faith, go to your room

Faith: What? Why?

Hope: Just do as I say

Faith gets off the couch and goes to her room.

I open the door and glare at Jade.

Hope: What the hell do you want Jade.

Jade: Oh, I- um...

Hope: Spit it out, Jade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade POV

Fuck! I didn't think Hope was at home right now, I don't want her to know Faith and I have been spending time together.

Hope: Come on Jade I don't have all day.

I see something move behind Hope. I try to look past Hope and I see Faith peaking around the wall. She shakes her head and motions at me to leave.

Jade: Umm, nevermind

I turn around to leave.

Hope: No Jade, you clearly came here for some reason, what is it?

There really is no getting out of this, is there. I turn back to look at her.

Jade: I- I brought something for Faith.

Hope: Why the fuck would you bring something for Faith!?

Jade: I-

Hope: What makes you think that she would EVER want to see you!?

My eyes start to water. I look back to Faith and her eyeshadow has gone darker.

Hope: What did you even bring her?

Jade: I- I brought her this...

I reach down and pick up a potted plant that I had grown. I know it might seem stupid but I thought she'd appreciate it.

 I know it might seem stupid but I thought she'd appreciate it

Hope: We don't want your fucking plants!

Jade: But-

Hope: For all we know that plant is poison or deadly!

Jade: wha- what?

Hope: OH DON'T PRETEND LIKE YOU DON'T REMEMBER, YOU'RE STUPID FUCKING VINES ALMOST KILLED MY SISTER!

Alright, now I'm pissed.

Jade: THAT WASN'T MY FUCKING FAULT!

Hope: Oh look who's getting brave

She starts to walk closer to me.

Jade: Get away from me!

She lifts her hand...

Hope: This is for hurting my sister!

Her hand flies toward my face, I close my eyes and brace myself. But the blow never comes. I open my eyes to see a vine wrapped around her wrist. She tries to pry her hand from the vine's grip.

Hope: YOU'RE A FUCKING ASSHOLE!

Faith runs out from her hiding spot.

Faith: Leave her alone, Hope!

Hope: What? You actually care about this dumbass!?

Faith: Jade, can you let her go, please?

I nod, I focus my power on the vine holding Hope. The vine unwraps her wrist.

I look over at Faith and her eyeshadow has gone darker black. But it wasn't just her eyeshadow her skin itself had become ashen and I could see the veins popping out through her skin. It almost looks... dead.

Jade: Faith, are you okay?

I step toward her but Hope pushes me back.

Hope: Don't fucking touch her!

Jade: I'm just trying to help.

Hope: We don't want your help! We don't want your STUPID plants! We don't want to see you EVER again.

Hope picks up the potted plant and throws it at me. The pot hits my face and shatters, the pieces cutting my face.

Faith starts to hyperventilate, I look over at her and the dead-looking skin has spread to her neck. Faith stumbles back and then falls over. Unconscious.

Hope rushes to her side. After a few seconds, she looks back up at me with fear in her eyes.

Hope: WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?

Jade: I didn't do anything!

At least, I don't think I did.

Jade: I'll call an ambulance.

I pull out my phone.

Hope: NO! I TOLD YOU, WE DON'T WANT YOUR HELP!

She gets up and slams the door in my face.