~~~Angeltwist

1/16/13

Song of the day is Maneater by Nelly Furtado

Thankyou Angeltwist :) Really loving your username

~~~~~~~~

What is your name?

Angeltwist.

How old are you?

The kind of old that makes me want to lie about my age…erm… somewhere between twenty and thirty.

What inspired you to write your first book?

I don’t even remember what my first book was. I started out on Quizilla and thought I would have a go at writing and ended up making the most convoluted nonsensical story in the world for my first attempt. At the time on Quizilla it was a fad to have a female heroine with twenty different love interests who fought the heroines attention. I remembered desperately trying to replicate that story line and failing miserably. The story was promptly deleted after a couple of chapters and wiped from my memory forever….it was pretty bad, but I learnt something from it as I have learnt something from all my writing failures, and that in the end is what helped me be successful. 

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

My favourite author is Angela Carter. Her writing is rooted in magical surrealism, and she has a gorgeous way with prose. I love fairy tales and I love her fairy tales whether they have a mythical or modern setting. Carter has always managed to navigate real female hope, fear, and desire within her stories, which I really admire.

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

I write supernatural romance, with a dash of mystery and a hint of murder. 

Do you see writing as a career?

I would love to, but I always feel inadequate as a writer…maybe one day I’ll be good enough to be published 

If you could work with any author who would it be?

I’m pretty much a lone wolf when it comes to writing. I always have a strong vision about where I am going and what I am doing with a story. Another person’s input would ruin the vision for me, and destroy my flow.

~~~~~~~~

VOTEE?? if u didn't --->> :)

~~~~

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

I use mythology, but that’s not really fact. There are some instances I have used true stories as inspiration for characters. Stephanie in Dark Black Magic, was based on a girl I knew who was so badly bullied her hair fell out. I prefer to use emotions and characters that are real, rather than a rehashed stereotype, or something superficial and fake.

Did you ever think you'd be, where you are right now?

No. I have this habit of meandering through life and winding up in the strangest positions, and thinking…how the hell did I end up here?

What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

Write, even if it is nonsense because it will lead somewhere eventually. I like to write a dialogue between my characters and see where it goes. If that fails go and get inspired, listen to some music, watch a film, look at some art, do anything that is evocative. I find that emotion feeds my writing and when I’m emotionally flat lining I can’t write.

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

Most of the time writer’s block, has happened because the writer has become bored of their story. So many new writers end up abandoning their stories after a couple of chapters because they fall out love with their story. Writing a story can be like working on a relationship, and when times get bad you have to tough it through and try what I said above. Try and find that spark of romance that is going to ignite a writing frenzy.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Keep practicing, and see your stories through, even if you think they are rubbish and are leading nowhere. I remember almost scrapping Married to the Prince of Darkness at chapter 20 because I thought it was so awful, but I saw it through and now it’s my most popular story.

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

I moved to Wales in September and I’m trying to learn a little bit of welsh. Dwi'n caru Cymru!! 

How would you describe yourself?

Super pink sparkly princess fairy ^.~
Despite my contempt for stereotypes, I am a living stereotype. I love pink, I love hello kitty, I love chocolate, shoes, bags, small cute fluffy animals, glitter… the whole shebang. Shameful really.

~~~~~~

VOTEEE and COMMENT!! =D