~~~MyHeartsMistake

6/4/13

Song of the day is ... My songs know what you did in the dark by Fall out Boy xD

Thank you Katie! :)

~~~~~

What is your name?

My name is Katie! 

How old are you?

I am 17 and a half! ;)

What inspired you to write your first book?

This is back when I was around eleven, so I think it was more of a 'I don't want to do homework so I'm going to write a story about a bunch of bunnies!'

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I'd have to say either John Green or Jodi Picoult. John Green because his stories are so wonderfully unique, and he has this way of capturing your attention full on within the first sentence. His word choice is spectacular. Jodi Picoult because she has this way of connecting to girls, I feel as if I'm living every moment of her stories which I really love!

~~~~~

VOTEE!!! if you didn't --->>> :)

~~~~

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

Romance/Humor! 

Do you see writing as a career?

I do, actually. I'd love, love, love to be a published author later in life.

If you could work with any author who would it be?

J.K Rowling! She's such an inspiration!

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

A lot of the sarcasm/jokes in my stories are things said between friends and I, but for the most part I just have a very imaginative mind!

Did you ever think you'd be where you are right now?

Not really. I've always loved writing, but never really thought that people would enjoy my work. Although I'm quite the same as I was a few years ago, I just write a lot more now!

What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

Don't stress about it. A lot of times, taking a step back is what you need. The last thing you want to do is accidentally plagiarize. If you're trying really hard to write a chapter of something, sometimes you'll find yourself think of something and just start writing it because you feel obligated to. Then you realize you just took something someone else did and reworded it. So take a break! The creativity will come back!

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

Quite more than I'd like to admit. I think writer's block is something every author has, whether they want to acknowledge it or not. Like I said above, I usually stop writing and do something else. I've learned that when I force myself to jot down a chapter, it's not as good as it would be if I taken my time.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Never get discouraged! Everyone has a 'taste' for stories, if someone doesn't enjoy what you're writing, don't get upset about. I've had plenty of times when someone doesn't like the way I space/spell/organize my work. But there will always be someone who will like what you do!

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

I'm blind as a bat without my glasses or contacts.... Heh.

How would you describe yourself?

I'm reallllly bad at describing myself! I feel as though I'm an approachable person, I like to listen and help people, but I'm also quite impatient. Something a lot of people don't know is I get really upset over rude/inconsiderate comments. I'm easily annoyed and extremely self-conscious!

~~~~~~~

Don't forget to VOTEE and COMMENTT!! xD

Oh and If you have time than please check out my stories =)