~~~VJDunraven

7/21/13

More interviews coming soon... in few hrs haha

Song of the day I wish by One direction =)

Thank you VJ :)

~~~~~

What is your name?

My pen name is VJ Dunraven. I prefer to keep my real name private because it is associated with a brand.

How old are you?

Old enough, but not too old, lol!

What inspired you to write your first book?

It is too lengthy to answer here, but here's the URL where you can find my complete answer:
http://www.vjdunraven.com/vj_dunravens_must_read_blogs/excerpts_from_interviews_with_vj_dunraven/

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

JK Rowling. I love her attention to detail, the preciseness of her plots and characters, the thought and planning she puts into her writing.

What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

Young Adult, Paranormal and Historical Fiction

Do you see writing as a career?

I see it as a secondary outlet for creativity. I will always love my primary career as a designer.

~~~~

VOTE!! if you didn't -->>> :)

~~~~

If you could work with any author who would it be?

JK Rowling and Stephen King

Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?

Yes, if the occasion permits.

Did you ever think you'd be, where you are right now?

Yes. When I set out on a course, I always make sure I get to where I want to be. No whining, no excuses, no lousy "make-dos". I am by nature a perfectionist, and I want to do my best for my readers and clients every time.

What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

Take a break, go surfing, dancing, anything apart from writing. Then get back to where you've left off.

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

Yes. I tire, as I'm a very busy individual. When that happens, I simply do the things I mentioned above, come back refreshed in a few days, ready to tackle my manuscript again.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Yes. You will find my complete answer here:
http://www.wattpad.com/15693997-an-open-letter-to-aspiring-writers

Anything fun about yourself you want your fans to know?

I LOVE boba! Also, Thai and Filipino food! (esp. the bakery goods). I do mathematical calculations in my head (structural or design measurements) and never write anything down. (I hate paperwork--which is an irony, considering I'm an author) I am fascinated by very intelligent people, art and architecture AND I don't like shopping.

How would you describe yourself?

I am a very intense, goal oriented, very practical person. I'm very particular with detail and logical to a fault. That said, I'm also funny as heck.

~~~~~~

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! =)