matching! (karl)

i just realised i haven't written anything for karl yet...so this is self-indulgence again

You waved your hands around, desperately trying to dry the polish, taking a few moments to just smile at the design every so often. You were quite proud of them.

Black, glossy polish was painted onto your nails (which had been a pain to clean up as well-your bin was full of tissues and q-tips stained with black polish), and on the middle fingers of each hand, there was a white heart painted on neatly, just so that whenever you flipped someone off, at least it looked pretty, right?

The heart had taken you an hour to put on, many attempts being scrubbed violently off, leaving your middle fingers slightly red, but it was worth it.

You gazed lovingly at your nails, beyond proud of them.

"Y/N-" Karl opened the door, poking his head through. "What are you doing?"

You held up your hands so that he could see the nails, grinning widely. "Look!"

He stepped in, closing the door softly behind him, kneeling down to sit with you on the floor, taking one of your hands into his, carefully looking at each nail. Nodding, he smiled at the heart, giving your hand a quick kiss before giving it back to you. "They look cute."

"Wait-" you grabbed the white nail polish, gesturing for him to stay completely still. "Matching. Please?"

Letting you take his hand, he watched patiently as you slowly applied the white polish, trying to make sure it didn't go off his nail; it did a few times, but nothing a q-tip wouldn't fix. You two were completely silent during the process, but not in an awkward way, both completely focused on the nails.

Looking proudly at them, you blew gently on one of his hands, Karl copying you on his other, laughing when you almost sneezed on him.

"Is that it? I guess we're matching now!" He wiggled his fingers, looking giddy and excited.

"No, we're not done yet, obviously," you answered, snatching his hands back. "The heart, remember?"

~~~

Karl sighed, stretching his arms up as you dropped even more rubbish into the bin, waving his hands around happily. You jumped up to your feet, wrapping your arms around him and closing your eyes, smiling when he gave you a soft kiss on the head, taking one of your hands to hold up against his.

Your hand had black nail polish, with a white heart on each middle finger, he had white nail polish with a black heart on each middle finger.

You had great ideas sometimes.

Reaching for his phone, he held your hand up to his face, making sure the design showed on each of your hands, taking a quick picture.

"What's that for?" you asked, snuggling closer and letting him place an arm around your shoulder, typing something on his phone.

"So people can see we're matching!" he answered brightly, rubbing your shoulder. "And that you're off-limits, of course."

Blushing, you watched him post it, taking a long look at both of your hands.

Yeah, you definitely had good ideas sometimes.

(A/N-matching nails >>>> pls it's all i want in life to match with someone sfbgffhjgsjdhghjjh)