first aid (jschlatt)

Requested by Nic102 pls enjoy ily <33

You slowly unrolled the bandages in your hands, tutting when Schlatt finally uncrossed his arms, revealing his cracked and bleeding knuckles, scratches littering the skin there. Some bruises were starting to swell, in a way that he knew was going to hurt like a bitch.

It was all worth it though. You just didn't have to know.

"You're an idiot, you know that right?" you asked coldly, grabbing one of his arms. "How does this even happen?"

Schlatt laughed, letting you wipe the skin with antiseptic, trying to not wince just in case you got mad at him-you know, considering you already looked like you were going to kill something. Still, you were gentle, removing the dirt and crusted dried blood with tender hands, sighing at the dirtied wipe afterwards, looking a little sad to see the red splattered across it. You dropped it into the bin, worryingly silent.

"Uh-" he stopped when he felt soft lips against his hand, blinking when you pulled away, immediately covering his wounds with the bandages. You worked slowly, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. It warmed his heart in a way he couldn't understand, reminding him of the reason he even got into this situation to begin with.

It honestly infuriated him that people thought they could catcall you without consequences. That man had yelled at you from across the street, when he was right there, begging for the slightest crumb of affection, kicking over everything in his way just to get to you.

He remembered the look on your face. It haunted him, the fact you looked so...scared, nothing compared to the usual Y/N he knew. In this situation, you were powerless.

So, when he had seen the asshole while on a walk, he just couldn't resist giving the dick a taste of his own medicine. The coward had tried to run away, immediately yanked back by Schlatt's hand, which made contact with his face pretty soon after.

"Not so brave now, huh?"

"Fucking-leave me alone!"

His mouth had been bleeding, dripping onto the floor as Schlatt kicked him, laughing when he made a strangled, pathetic noise. He had left him there, and gone back home to you, only to be met with cold anger.

But it was all worth it. He didn't mind.

You took his other hand, letting the now fully bandaged one fall off your leg. Smiling, he moved closer, stroking your hair and kissing your forehead, not surprised when you melted into his touch, sniffling slightly.

"I'm not mad," you said, voice muffled since your face was leaning against him. "Just...don't do this again, ok?"

"Yeah, sure," he lied, knowing goddamn well that if another person dared to hurt you, he would do exactly the same thing.

(A/N-took a nap-i hate naps-and now everything is a little fuzzy so I'm really hoping thid makes sense...thankyou for reading! <3)