broken plate (minx)

Requested by Wewowowowo pls enjoy!

You rested your head against the table, taking a deep breath to try and calm down. Still, your fingers twitched, curling into a fist as you resisted the urge to smash something, the cup close to your head looking like it was begging for you to throw it to the ground, shattered glass flying everywhere.

But you didn't, instead sliding it slowly away from you.

Your whole body itched, wanting to punch everything around you, and you sighed, sitting up and trying to make sure you didn't absolutely wreck the place. Rolling your eyes, you spotted your bag on the floor, half the contents spilling out onto the floor from when you threw it, your keys somehow in another room.

Forcing a smile to try and force yourself to feel happiness, it immediately fell when the whole reason why you were so angry flashed across your mind.

You really, really, really, really hated working in customer service.

It was all that man's fault-it was common sense that you need a receipt to get a return, but no, the customer was always right, weren't they? And it was all your fault for refusing to give him the return since there was no evidence of him buying the stupid shirt to begin with; your fault for then asking him to leave the store when he started to cause a scene; your fault for calling security; your fault for just doing your job.

Honestly, why did you even work? Who needed a job anymore?

...you did.

"I hate everyone," you said, picking up a loose leaflet, one that you had taken from the pushy people at the bus stop to make them shut up. Smiling faces were plastered onto the shiny paper, all with pretentious quotes about how the organisation had made them "find their true self". "What a load of-"

"You look bright and happy." Minx stepped into the kitchen, almost tripping over your wallet. "Jesus Christ."

You threw the leaflet at her head, glaring at her, before sighing and smiling apologetically. "Sorry. Bad day at work."

Moving to stand behind you, she wrapped her arms around your waist, swaying from side to side. "Aw, bad customer?" You nodded sadly, yelping in surprise when she started to walk, dragging you with her, kicking some of your stuff out of the way violently. "I know exactly what you need."

You were unceremoniously taken to the garden, and a singular plate placed carefully into your hands. Blinking, you stared at it, not quite sure what to do.

"Smash it." Minx kissed you quickly on the cheek, before taking several steps back. "Get your frustration out!"

Laughing, you held the plate high above your head, imagining the face of that pathetic customer, visualising the way his face had looked while he whined and cried over not getting a return. The smile of your face contorted into a frown and you threw the plate to the ground, pretending his sad little face was getting smashed into pieces instead, fragments flying up into the air. To add insult to injury, you stomped on a few pieces, panting.

"That was exactly what I needed." You looked up, seeing Minx nod proudly. Grinning, you walked over to her side, immediately jumping into a hug and nuzzling into her shoulder, feeling a little giddy. "Thank you, by the way."

Taking a moment to glance over at the mess that used to be a plate, she pulled you in for a kiss, hand gently holding your face. "Oh yeah, Y/N?"

"Hm?"

"Next time a customer is a bitch to you, tell me their name." She grinned, an evil glint in her eye. "So I can beat them up."

(A/N-minx marry me pls

(A/N-minx marry me pls. anyway, i do not recommend copying the actions of this fanfic pls don't get me in trouble if you do so :0 thank you for reading! <3)