i'm here for you (eret)

Requested by actuallyviridian pls enjoy! <3

Cuddling a pillow, you clutched it as tightly as you could, shoving your face into the fabric to try and muffle your sobs, hiccupping and rubbing away tears, your vision blurry from how much you were crying.

This sucked.

Sniffling, you tried to wipe all the tears away, sighing when even more tears started to overflow out your eyes, stomach starting to hurt from how hard to were resisting the urge to just sob. Your throat ached, so you reached for the glass of water on your bedside table, grimacing when you knocked it onto the floor, the cup rolling away and splattering water everywhere.

"Y/N? You ok?" Eret called out, standing right by the door, and you froze in place, contemplating jumping out of the window. They didn't need to see you like this.

"Uh-yeah!" you answered, aware of the fact your voice sounded horrible, sniffing. "Just-just tired."

The door opened, and you jumped under the covers, using the pillow to hide your face again, curling in on yourself and turning away from them, hoping they'd assume you were trying to sleep or something. Taking deep breaths, you stayed as still as possible, heart thumping in your chest when a gentle hand touched your shoulder, tapping it lightly.

They sighed, tiptoeing back to the door and leaving, closing it behind them, and you opened your eyes, sitting up and-

"Knew it."

Eret was stood right by the door, hand loosely on the handle, one eyebrow raised. You smiled awkwardly, tempted to back away from them, but they took your face in their hands, thumb gently rubbing away your tears. Eyes softening, they leant in, giving your cheek a soft kiss before pulling you into a tight hug, their arms holding you tightly. Rocking you a little from side to side, you relaxed into their arms, getting their shoulder damp from tears.

"You wanna tell me what's wrong? Or do you just wanna sit here?"

"Work," you mumbled, voice muffled. "You know Kate? She said...something."

You didn't want to say any more than that, so you let Eret keep rocking you, closing your eyes. They stroked your hair with a fond smile on their face, being as gentle with you as they could. "Ignore Kate. She's not important."

Managing to smile, you shuffled even closer to them, happy that they were always there to support you. Who cared about Kate?

~~~

"Eret, what are you doing?" you asked, watching as they slid on a pair of platform boots, a scowl on their face.

"To deal with Kate. Bye, see you later, love you very much!" they answered, before shutting the door behind them-you could hear their footsteps hurriedly fade away as they ran away so you couldn't stop them.

"Oh."

Well, Kate wouldn't be an issue anymore.

(A/N-just realised this kinda insinuates that eret is going to murder kate, but i honestly was trying to say that they're going to stomp on kate with their platforms

(A/N-just realised this kinda insinuates that eret is going to murder kate, but i honestly was trying to say that they're going to stomp on kate with their platforms...LMAO)