platforms (eret)

Not a request, just self-indulgent :))

You smiled at the mirror, spinning around a few times as well as adjusting your outfit, clicking your feet excitedly on the floor. Leaning down, you tightened your shoes a little, nodding happily at them. Heart buckles glinted against black leather as you moved your feet around, trying to get used to the sheer weight of them. They were platforms after all, and suddenly becoming taller was definitely an effort.

"How does Eret deal with being tall..." you muttered to yourself, remembering that you weren't even at their height even with the platforms on, falling quite a few inches below.

Well, it would be nice to not be as short. Giggling to yourself, you imagined Eret's face when they saw you taller than you usually were-they wouldn't be able to tease you about height anymore! And it would be a fun surprise.

Doing a little tap-dance, you relished in the sound of the heels, giddy excitement welling up inside of you.

"You seem excited about something." There were even louder footsteps from behind you, and you nodded, still transfixed onto your shoes to look behind you. They wrapped an arm around your waist, kissing you softly on the head.

And that was when you noticed.

Slowly looking up, you realised you didn't feel taller at all-in fact, you felt exactly the same as before. Moving your eyes down, you spotted the platforms on their feet, taller than your ones and much more impressive (although lacking any heart buckles), making it so your height difference was the exact same as when you weren't wearing platforms.

Sighing, you punched them gently on the stomach, pouting when they raised their arms in mock surrender. "I wanted to be tall!"

"You're taller than before, that's for sure." Leaning in, they whispered close to your ear. "Just not as tall as me."

Rolling your eyes, you stomped over to your bag, slinging it over your shoulder with another sigh, holding back a smile when they just chuckled. "Whatever. Let's go."

"Of course, sweetheart."

(A/N-this was just pure self-indulgence and very short lmao but i hope you enjoyed! <3)