no more studying (techno)

Requested by KnightTimeNow i hope you enjoy!! (i derailed a little from your request i think, but i couldn't resist >~<)

Slamming a textbook down on the table, you shocked Techno into waking up, head rising slowly from where it was resting on his arm. You sat down, rolling your eyes. "Nice to see you're having fun."

"You've been studying for too long," was his response, but he sat up straight, stretching and yawning, before glancing at your textbook. He had a physical reaction to it, sliding the book away from him, only touching it with one finger. "...biology."

"I hate it too."

Honestly, who let you take biology of all things?

Opening it up, you took one look at the contents page, words swimming around and merging together. It took five seconds before you closed it again, pen falling from your hand and rolling off the table. "Nope. I can't."

Techno gave you a small smile, grabbing the book off the table and placing it on a random shelf-you had half a mind to tell him to put it in its proper place, but honestly, you couldn't be bothered at this point. He picked up your bag, the other hand reaching out to pull you up and out of your seat, humming a song under his breath. You let him, thinking of the exam you had tomorrow, frowning.

He flicked you on the forehead, letting out a gentle laugh. "Stop thinking so hard, nerd."

You held back a smile, slapping him lightly on the shoulder, letting him pull you along your own campus, unsure if he even knew where he was going. Still, his steps were confident and very fast, as if he was rushing to get somewhere, moving further and further away from the people, voices and chatter fading out until you could barely hear it. Now, you weren't one to suspect your own boyfriend, but why was he taking you so far away from everyone else?

"Techno?"

As soon as you spoke, he halted, glancing around before nodding to himself. "Yeah?"

"Why?"

He looked a little disappointed, looking around and waiting for you to recognise something. Following his gaze, your eyes fell onto a tree, pink flowers blooming on the branches, petals slowly drifting down to the floor.

You blinked.

"Well, I'm not good at this or whatever-you know? Uh-for god's sake-"

"Are you..ok?"

"Go on a date with me! Please?"

"W-with me? Are you sure?"

"Why else would I be here then, Techno?"

"Oh...then yeah, of course."

You covered your mouth with your hand, smiling like an idiot underneath. "Wow, you actually remembered where it was."

Wrapping an arm around your waist and gazing at the flowers, he reached up to pick a flower, tucking it behind your ear and nodding at his lopsidedly placed flower. "Of course I did. You asked me before I did, so you know-kinda surprising. And memorable."

Leaning into him, you remembered the stupid amount of stress you felt that day, wondering if the cute boy from college would completely and utterly reject you-you spent literal hours trying to look nice that day. He didn't say anything to compliment you, but he probably noticed...right?

"Anyway, can we get food?" he asked, already moving to go and get what he wanted.

You sighed. "Yep."

Yeah, he definitely didn't notice that day.

~~~

Techno handed you a cupcake, feeling warmth flood through his body when your eyes lit up, the tiredness seeming to melt away from your body. The distraction techniques worked, and now he didn't have to deal with stressed Y/N!

He took one last look at the tree, still somewhat visible from the window, a pink splodge in the distance.

Y/N looked really pretty that day.

(A/N-am i projecting onto y/n? yes

(A/N-am i projecting onto y/n? yes. i have a bio test tomorrow and i hate science pls kill me. anyway, love you all, hope you enjoyed reading <3)

pls give me requests i beg