bad days made good (wilbur)

Requested by honkbailee_ i hope you enjoy! <3

You took a deep breath, looking at yourself in the mirror and willing yourself to not cry. You could do that later, but this was not the time-Wilbur was waiting, you were already late enough as it was.

Finally stepping back and collecting yourself, you grabbed your bag and walked as fast as you could out the door. The faster you went, the less time you'd have to think about your absolutely awful morning.

To your surprise, Wilbur was not at the café you two were meant to meet at, instead, he was waiting in front of your door, hand held up as if he was about to knock, barely grazing against the wood. You flung the door open to see him, blinking when he jumped back a little, awkwardly smiling. "Hi."

"Yeah," you answered, facepalming mentally at yourself. Did you really have one bad morning and forget how to speak? "I mean-come in, I guess?"

Clearing his throat, he followed you in, waiting for you to sit down before shoving something colourful in your face, a mass of pink, purple and blue mixing together in front of your eyes. Pulling back, you took whatever he had given you, seeing that they were a bouquet of flowers-not from a supermarket, since there was no label. He had chosen these for you, from a proper shop. For you.

You averted your eyes from him, bottom lip wobbling as you gulped, blinking rapidly to force the tears to stop. He really wasn't helping with your emotional state. "Thank-thank you...you really didn't need to."

Slowly sliding into the seat next to you, wrapping an arm around your shoulder, he took a deep breath, and you assumed he was going to ask you what was up (you weren't exactly doing a good job of hiding that you weren't doing great).

You assumed wrong.

"So...what I wanted to say was I kinda wanna go on a date with you. Is that-is that ok?"

You could feel the heat radiating off him, a blush covering his entire face and neck, the arm around your shoulder trembling as he held on tightly. Sniffing, you nodded, a smile on your face even as tears started to well up and flow down your face, turning around to cuddle into his chest instead, not wanting him to see your snotty face. Letting out a gentle laugh, he rubbed your back soothingly. "Jesus christ, you're making me feel better about feeling nervous. So, this is a yes, right?"

"Of course it is!" you sniffled, letting him wipe away tears with his thumb, hiccupping. "Just emotional today, ok?"

Smiling fondly down at you, he stood up, effortlessly carrying you and walking towards the TV, flopping down and settling you down on his lap. "Movies and snacks? Your choice, of course. Can't be having a sad Y/N, can I?"

Nodding, you settled down, the tears starting to dry on your face, a feeling of warmth spreading through your body.

Damn, he really did make everything better, didn't he?

(A/N-wattpad is being really weird so i hope ppl are seeing this lmao but if you're having a bad day, make sure to take care of yourself first :)) all that matters is you're trying your best, so don't feel too bad about yourself everyone <33)