Back to Black and Some People

Later In The Auditorium

The glee club was sitting down while Santana was walking to the stage. "I can't believe you sign me up." Jesse said to Blaine. "You will thank me when you win." Blaine said to her making Jesse smile as Santana walks onto the stage. "My name is Santana Lopez, and I will be singing Amy Winehouse's Back to Black." Santana said to everyone with a smile and the band starts playing the song.

Santana
He left no time to regret
Kept his lips wet
With his same old safe bet
Me and my head high
And my tears dry
And I tread a troubled track
My odds are stacked
I'll go back to black

We only said good-bye with words
I died a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to....

The siblings look over to Jesse to see he was doing something.

Santana
Black, black, black
Black, black, black, black
I go back to
I go back to

We only said good-bye with words
I died a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to black

The song ends and everyone claps for her. "Fantastic, Santana." Will said to her. "Thanks so much for coming in." Male Jesse said to her making everyone look at him. "That's all you have to say? You spent the entire performance scribbling notes." Santana said to him making Will look at Jesse's pad to see he draw a cat. "Well, if you really must know, I was simply writing down...that I don't think your performance went very deep into the emotional truth of the song." Male Jesse said to her. "Oh. Is that so?" Santana asks him making Male Jesse nod. "Well, I happen to have some feedback for you." Santana said to him. "Thanks. That's all we'll need." Will said to her. "I'm about to go all Lima Heights." Santana said to them and she walks off the stage mad. "Th-Thank you." Will said to her as Kurt walks to the stage. "Hello, I'm Kurt Hummel, and I'll be singing "Some People" from Gypsy." Kurt said to them as Santana sits down next to Sebastian. "Ah, great selection, Kurt. Hit it." Will said to him and the band starts playing.

Kurt
Some people can get a thrill
Knitting sweaters and sitting still
That's okay for some people
Who don't know they're alive

Some people can thrive and bloom
Living life in the living room
That's perfect for some people
Of one hundred and five

But I at least gotta try
When I think of all the sights
That I gotta see
And all the places I gotta play
All the things that I gotta be at
Come on, papa, what do you say?

Some people can be content
Playing bingo and paying rent
That's peachy for some people
For some hum-drum people to be
But some people ain't me

"He is not wrong." Jesse said to herself while watching her friend.

Kurt
I had a dream
A wonderful dream, papa
Goodbye to blueberry pie
Good riddance to all the socials
I had to go to
All the lodges I had to play
All the shriners I said hello to
Hey, L.A., I'm comin' your way

Some people sit on their butts
Got the dream, yeah, but not the guts
That's living for some people
For some hum-drum people
I suppose
Well, they can stay and rot
But not Rose

Kurt sings while going down on his knees and he lays down. Everyone starts clapping for him as Kurt stands up. "All right. Good job, buddy." Will said to him. "Kurt, you do know...that song was meant to be sung by a woman, right?" Male Jesse asks him. "Yes, I'm aware." Kurt said to him. "The Glee Club dealt with that whole boy singing songs meant for girls." Jamey said to him. "It's kind of old news." Kurt said to him. "Then you must know that that song was done to great fanfare...by such Broadway legends as Merman, LuPone, Bernadette. Those are some awfully big heels to fill, and I'm just not quite sure that you nailed it." Male Jesse said to him and Kurt leaves the stage in a huff.