Courage

At McKinely In The Gymnasium

A little later, Figgins walks onto the stage. "Will the candidates for king and queen gather on the stage?" Figgins asks as Quinn, Santana, Lauren and some other girl walk into the stage as the candidates for prom queen. Puck, Finn, Dave, and some other guys walk onto the stage for prom king. "The votes are in. This is the moment you've all been waiting for, where we announce our Junior Prom King and also Prom Queen. This year's Junior Prom King is..." Figgins said to everyone as he opens the envelope. "David Karofsky!" Figgins said and everyone cheers for him. "Achievement, achievement." Figgins said and he hands a scepter to Dave who holds up his scepter proudly. "And now, your 2011 McKinley High Prom Queen..." Figgins said and he pulls the name out of the envelope. "With an overwhelming number of write-in votes is..." Figgins said looking at the name. "Kurt Hummel." Figgins said and the crowd is silent except for a few whoops, hollers, and claps. It's clear that he won as a deliberate and cruel attempt at bullying. Jamey looks at Kurt who was shocked. Kurt looks around to see the other students looking at Kurt expectantly. Kurt runs to the door in tears. "Kurt." Jamey calls him but Kurt runs out of the gymnasium. "Stop Kurt!" Jamey yelled following him out of the gymnasium and everyone can hear the door slam. Jesse looks at the mean group sees that they were trying not to laugh aloud making Jesse look at her brother Sebastian who was also watching them.

In The Hallways

Kurt running down the hallway in tears with Jamey chasing after him. "Stop, stop! Kurt! Please, just stop, come on." Jamey said to him and Kurt stops running and turns to him. "Don't you get how stupid we were? We had thought that because no one was teasing us or beating us up, that no one cared. Like some kind of progress had been made. But it's still the same." Kurt said to him while crying. "It's just a stupid joke." Jamey said to him while walking closer to him. "No, it's not. All that hate and they were just afraid to say it out loud. So they did it by secret ballot. I'm one big, anonymous practical joke." Kurt said to him making Jamey pull him in for a hug. "It's okay." Jamey said to him while rubbing his back as Kurt cries in Jamey's arms. "I'm not going back in there." Kurt said to him making Jamey look at him. "No way." Kurt said to him while breaking away from Jamey. "Do you wanna go? We don't have to go back in there." Jamey said to him making Kurt look at him. "If we leave, all it's gonna do is give me a lump. I want to show people I am who I am and they can't change it." Kurt said to him and they hear clapping making the two turn to see Sebastian. "Wow, I ever thought Kurt can be prom queen." Sebastian said to him while walking over to them. "I thought we were friends why are you making fun of me?" Kurt asks him while getting into Jamey's arms. "I am not making fun of you." Sebastian said to him making Kurt look at him. "Do you know what the bullies can't take from you?" Sebastian asks him. "No." Kurt said to him. "Courage." Sebastian said to him making Kurt think about it. "Courage is one thing that no one can ever take away from you." Sebastian said to him. "Thank you, Sebastian." Kurt said to him. "Anytime Lady Gaga." Sebastian said to him with a smile and he walks away leaving them alone. "So what do you wanna do?" Jamey asks Kurt who looks at him. "I'm gonna go back in there and get coronated. I'm gonna show them that it doesn't matter if they are yelling at me or whispering behind my back, they can't touch me." Kurt said to him making Jamey smile. "They can't touch us or what we have." Kurt said to him taking Jamey's hands. "Let's it do." Jamey said to him with a smile.