A Duet

At Dalton In The Choir Room

The Warblers having a meeting while Jesse was on her phone looking at a picture of her brothers and her. "You know I think Blaine's version of the song is actually better than the original." Thad said to them. "But, it's not in his natural key so..." David said and Trent cuts him off. "How dare you!" Trent yelled at him while Blaine was looking at Jesse. "Enough. I'm tired of this." Blaine said making everyone look at him but Jesse. "I agree. I think we should just let you pick the song that you wanna sing." Thad said to him. "No. David, please make sure everything that I'm about to say goes down in the official minutes. We are going to lose at Regionals." Blaine said to them making Jesse look at him while the boys start yelling at him. "I am-I am incredibly grateful for the belief you've all given me as a junior member to lead you all in these wonderful songs this year but, from what Jess has told me about New Directions. I-I just know I can't beat them on my own. Which is why I propose that we rearrange our eleven 'o clock number and turn it into a duet." Blaine said to them and the boys were disapproving and giving incredulous looks. "Why don't we just play it on kazoo." David said to everyone. "Point of order! Point of order!" Blaine yelled while standing up. "Now, we all lost one of our own this week. Pavarotti's voice was silenced by death and I don't wanna silence anyone else's voices in this group. I think Pavarotti would roll over in his tiny...tiny little grave." Blaine said to them while Jesse puts away her phone. "All right, a vote. Who's in favor of Warbler Blaine's proposal? For a duo lead at Regionals." Wes said to everyone. Most of the boys raise their hands with Jesse. "Who wants to try out?" David asks them. "No. No auditions. I wanna sing the duet...with Jesse." Blaine said making Jesse look at him. "All in favor of Jesse being my duet partner at Regionals?" Blaine asks everyone and everyone raises their hands. "Decided." Wes said to them making Jesse look at the three in front. "Congratulations Jesse." Thad said to her and everyone claps for her while Blaine and Jesse share a smile. Blaine walks over to her and kisses Jesse's forehead.