Hunt for a traitor

The Chaplin Vastith and Lieutenant Sirus, along with Thock, stood in a command building int he imperial camp. They would examine the information recovered by the various droid parts, finding that their commander had been given information, the exact information of their location for the attack.

"You believe that the Republic forces, these, replicae, betrayed them? Maybe they have less loyalty then we initially believed." the Chaplin said, gripping his Crozius Arcanum, looking at Thock.

"I believe so. None of our forces would risk the operational success. My squad was the only group who knew other than the pilot of Iron Eagle. That just leave the republic's forces as the potential source of the leak." Thock said, rubbing his chin.

"So, shall we cross the base, and see if the Republic forces know of anything." Vastith said, turning to begin the walk across the base, to see what the Republic knew of the situation.

"If there is a traitor, than, I shall assemble a squad, one to punish the traitor." Sirus said, leaving, before the Lord of Iron or Lion could stop him.

Sirus walked to the tents of the Blades of Flames, going in and looking at the marines. He didn't say anything, all he did was reach up and unclasped the cloak over his armor. The cloak fell to the ground and exposed his blue armor. He took out his knife and held it, blade facing the marines.

"Brothers, we have a possible traitor in the Republic forces. We shall begin a Night Hunt. It will end once we find the traitor, and show them the price of treachery." Sirus stated, turning away, before more marines dropped the red cloth from their armor, and would draw their knives, following the lieutenant towards the republic base.

 Before he entered the base, Sirus would stop and slice open his palm. The blood would spread across the hand, before he placed the hand on the helmet of each marine, marking them with blood.

"Let the hunt begin." Sirus said, as he marked the last marine with blood. 

"Honor to the Hunter! Honor to the Blood! This night we hunt our prey!" The marines chanted, before entering the Republic base, spreading all through out, moving quickly as they began the search, and moved to the dark corners and alcoves of the republic base, and listening.

-meanwhile-

Vastith walked into the room with the officers of the replicae forces, Rex and Cody.

"We suspect there is a traitor, we saw a clone running, and lost him in the mess hall. It's a clone, we aren't sure who though." Cody said.

The clones looked at the astromech droid. The marine would look at the communicators, before noticing one slightly out of line, as if it was picked up. 

"What are you doing?" Cody asked.

"We astartes, have a unique ability, the consumption of items, can give us the information about them." Vastith said, as he removed his helmet.

"We can't have you eat it, that's the only link we have at the moment." Cody said.

"R2, get the transmission logs from the last few days." Rex said.

Vastith looked at the communicator, before licking the back side.

"It was left by someone who was with you during the mission. It had a more.....ionized after taste, North tower, I believe, that was the tower attacked first, correct?" The chaplain asked.

"Yeah, the north tower was first attacked. Any idea who had it on?" Cody asked.

"If you want more details, I have to eat it, and even then, it won't be much.....Where are your generals?" He asked, suddenly realizing, they had not seen them in a while, he looked out, seeing the dark figures of the blades of Flames, all moving through out the vehicle yard, moving from vehicle to vehicle, remaining out of the light's shine.