Leadership

Mhumn, Lacedaemon, Stroud, Emely, Cullen and Gamma-9-Rho, Neve Kala, and Caleb Karn were in the chamber, the largest of the Administratum buildings set up on Imperius Prime. The gathered members were in a chamber, and they would discuss how they will run the future of the Imperium, in this new Galaxy.

The highest member of the Imperial Guard, leader of the Imperial guard, the highest ranking officer of the Imperial Navy, and the Prefectus of the Administratum all were present in this room, waiting for Mhmun, who had asked for them to all gather, to speak.

"Why are we here?" Cullen asked.

"Yes, every minute we spend waiting is time wasted. I need to approve the next shipment of supplies going down to the surface." Caleb said.

Mhmun was looking out a window, looking over the building city.

"Our food supplies are limited, but we can grow food, and steal it from others, Our ammunition is limited, until we have the mechanicus finish their forges. A source of recruiting for the guards, the navy and the Chapters are near non-existent." He said.

"Yes this is clear. What is this about?" Stroud asked.

"We lack the supplies and leadership we are used to. The Codex Astartes have no rules for what to do in this. By my calculations, my chapter along can only fight for a year until our armory runs dry of ammunition The guardsmen have longer, as they can recharge their weapons, but the vehicles are on a similar lifespan. We need to do something to ensure we are not defeated once our weapons run dry." Mhmun said, turning to look at the gathered leaders.

"So what are you proposing? We ask this Republic to learn our secrets? We can not allow that! They are lovers of Xenos." Neve shouted.

Caleb Karn was looking at his books, counting and calculating, "He is not wrong. If we stand alone, and keep our fleets in orbit. The population will starve in 5 years. Supplies must be brought in."

"I prepose, that we make ourselves our own entity, we will, for a time, be vassels of this Republic, one were we work along side, but we will not bend our knee to their commands, but hear their wishes. We will need to offer our forces, in trade for supplies, and worlds to call our own." Mhmun stated.

Everyone looked at the marine. Lacedaemon, Stroud and Cullen gripped holstered weapons. The tension in the air was thick.

"We are the Imperium of Man! We do not bow to any force, we are humanities destiny!" Cullen shouted.

"We are the Imperium of Man, a single colony world, with an aging fleet, 4 chapters and 4 regiments with various mixes of the fanatical zealots, the machine cult and billions of civilians all waiting over a developing homeworld. For our survival, we can not just start a war with everyone. We need to carve our domain and rebuild what made us strong." Mhmun stated

Mhmun leaned over the table, looking at everyone.

"We need leadership, we have no structure, just captains, nobility, and various other structures that lack any idea what to do, it's only a matter of time before threats to our survival realize this and take action." Mhmun said.

"Question: where in this new structure will you be? Hypothesis: At the to?" Gamma-9-Rho stated.

"No, I shall build a council, I already have it mostly built at this time, I asked those who I know can lead us without our destruction." Mhmun said.

"Interesting, you requested us so that you may have us form a new order of High Lords?" Caleb Karn said, earning glances from many at the table.

"In a sense, we need leadership, and the High Lords was a model that worked in the most part, we convene on the most important choices. I wish to built a structure that will last. If you wish for War, then I respect the choice, and shall fight with you, if you wish for peace, by chapter shall depart, and fight the machines."  Mhmun said, standing up from the table, to look at everyone.

The group looked at each other. Mhmun was making a strong point, having everything make sense, he wanted to have the Imperium survive, even if the identity changes. 

"We shall fight this war, to survive, to eliminate these hostile machines that threaten humanity. The Imperium will not be divided as it was once. But with us at war, who will be our overall commander who will be the Lord Solar?" Cullen asked.

"The best choice is a space marine." Stroud said.

"If I remember, the Codex states the oldest marines takes charge, or the one with the greatest experience. That takes me out, along with many of us. Cullen has some right to the title however," Emely asked.

"So it's a choice of Mhmun, Shroud, Lacedaemon and Cullen. Marshall Yeva......seems to be too mad to work in the role. So......that leaves those in this room." Neve said.

-back to present-

Padme and Bail Organa would arrive in the Imperius System, and before they would leave for the venator on system, that would provide transport back to Coruscant, they receive a message to meet Caleb Karn, who was on an Imperial vessel named "The Scribe of the Stars". As the transport landed, they would be met with the Prefectus of the Administratum.

"Welcome Ambassadors of the Republic. I am High Lord Karn, and I wish to explain, a choice, made by the Council of Imperius. The Imperium will be willing to work with the Republic, in exchange for shipments of materials, and food. Along with agreements of worlds captured by the Imperium, remain in the hands of the Imperium." He explained.

Padme was rather concerned.

"How much of these shipments would be needed?" Bail asked.

"Enough to fill one of our mass transporter's cargo bays, food, raw materials, fuel, that will supply us for some time, until we can sustain ourselves." Caleb Karn said, as he produced a scroll of paper, one marked by a seal, the Eagle of the imperium, with 4 bolts of lighting around it.

Padme took the scroll, and bowed.

"Thank you, we will return this and have it submitted to the Republic. Once everything is worked out, we will be quick to message you." Padme said.  

-MEANWHILE-

"It would seem the outsiders have sided with the Jedi. This is most troublesome. We must break them quickly, or else the plan will be ruined, and our plot may be uncovered." Sidious said.

"Do not worry master, I have ordered the construction of a new weapon, one that will defeat the outsider threat." Dooku said.

"What is this weapon?" Palpatine questioned.

"A general, who can fight the super human warriors, and a ship that will disable their units." Dooku said.