The Spears of Diomedes

Lacedaemon, the warrior king, and his most trusted warriors, the 300, the 3 elite companies of the chapter, were on a republic transport, they would take part in an initial invasion, having been placed on a Republic transport, just so that they would arrive early, before more of the imperial forces, and the Honored Legion would arrive.

Clones stayed clear of them, as the warriors were in a large hanger. Ritualistic equipment was brought with, as the warriors prepared, and not to be disturbed. The Doors would be guarded, with the occasional changing of guards, but no one would enter the section of hanger that they were in.

A group of clones accessed a terminal, in the hopes of spying on these warriors. When the terminal connected to the video feed, the clones saw the Astartes without their armor, and only wearing what best could be described as robes, but only covered their legs. They had a large drum of a liquid in the middle, that they would scoop out of and pour it onto their hair, before brushing it out. The Clones watched, confused, and wondered, what the purpose of the ritual was. 

When one was done crushing the oil out of their hair, they would remove the robe, and show a body suit that was partially on. They would slide the body suit on, before a cybernetically augmented marine would have a needle press into tone of the many small holes in the body and the suit would tighten.

"Oh force, did we get the girly one?" a clone asked.

Looking around the hanger, the clones saw what looked looked like rows upon rows of spears and shields, and armor, that laid in orderly piles.

"Well, at least they are orderly." A clone said.

They watched as one marine armored up, the cyborg would use a mechanical arm to stab into the ports, and lock sections of armor into the framework of the armor. All around them the marines would burn incense more sections of armor and connections would be put on the marine. Before the helmet was put on, Lacedaemon, who had a beard, would place a red mark, from the middle of the forehead, and go down to the nose. The Marine would have his helmet put on, before he walked to the pile, picking up a shield and a spear.

Turning the camera a bit further, they saw what could only be described as a fight club. The unarmored marines were in a large circle, as two were fighting, unarmed. They struggled in the other's grasp, before one was thrown to the ground, and the man still standing raised his fist.

"Interesting. Well, they must be a warrior culture of some sort." a clone said.

"Looks a bit like Mandalorian in a way." another clone said.

"Yeah, I remember the fighting groups some of the instructors would have us participate in." the first one said.

Unexpectedly to the clones, catching them off guard, Anakin walked up to them, quietly approaching before he cleared his throat.

"What are you looking at Troopers?" He asked.

"Those super soldiers, they...have weird preparations." a clone said, turning to face the commander, giving him a salute.

"Seen anything interesting?" Anakin asked, smiling.

"They fight, they do rituals, and they have ceremonies for armor, from what we can tell, they are strange." the clone said.

A clone in a bridge uniform came running to the group.

"Sir, our arrival over Muunilist will is imminent. Kenobi will lead ground forces, you are in command of the battle in space." a clone said.

-meanwhile-

Lacedaemon combed his hair back, before he walked over to his armor, and it was placed onto him, piece by piece, the sanctified securing the armor in place. The marines began to prepare for battle, 300 warriors, would attack the enemy that Mhmun spoke of.

There was a knock at the door to the Hanger. Walking to the door, they slid open, and a bearded man walked in.

"Greetings, I am General Kenobi, who is the leading officer?" He asked.

Lacedaemon looked down.

"That would be me." He answered.

"Excellent, I was hoping to speak strategy with you." Kenobi said.

"You deploy your forces where you wish, We shall strike in another zone. My forces will not need support, we shall deal with the enemy when they show their weak metal forms." Lacedaemon said.

"Yes, that is good, but where will you deploy?" Kenobi asked.

The jedi pulled up a holographic image of the city they were to attack. Lacedaemon looked at the city and simply scoffed.

"We shall strike here." He said, pointing at a large transport tunnel, one of the main arteries in and through the city. And it was a section that would block most possible reinforcements.  It was Near the middle of the city, that was covered by tall buildings, and mostly underground. 

"That is deep behind enemy lines." Kenobi said.

"We shall make this point a meat grinder. I request however, you destroy create destruction on the routes above ground, so that they will need to funnel their forces towards us underground." Lacedaemon said.

"Will your forces be able to handle it?" Kenobi asked, curious rather than concerned.

Lacedaemon stepped back, before he gripped his spear, and rose it to the sky, and slammed the end down. Every marine stopped, and looked at the chapter master.

"Who are we!" He yelled.

"The Elite 300!" the marines cried out every marine in the hanger.

"What is our purpose?!" The Warrior King questioned.

"To destroy the enemy of the emperor!" the marines answered.

"And how do we do this!" Lacedaemon asked.

"By creating a wall no force can break!" The marines answered.

"Well, I shall coordinate forces to aid you in your plan, you just have to hold till our arrival then." Kenobi said.

"You will just need to reach us before enemy runs out of machines to throw at us." Lacedaemon said, walking away.

The Warrior king had a cape placed on his shoulders, before he put on his helmet, which had a similar appearance to Mandalorian, but had a nose guard, and had a rather pronounced plume of hair of some sort.

Lacedaemon grabbed a large round shield, and holstered a large blocky pistol like object on his belt.

The soldiers prepared, putting on their armor, grabbing their weapons and shields, before Lacedaemon, and a marine with a skull mask walked to the head of the formation.

"What gives us strength?" the skull masked figure asked.

"The emperor's will!" the marines chanted back.

"What is the emperor's will?" the figure asked.

"To kill the enemy of the Emperor!" the marines chanted.

"Why do we kill the enemies of the Emperor?" was asked.

"To give us strength!" the marines chanted.

Kenobi left, needing to prepare his own forces for the invasion, he had elites to brief as well.