Paragon Shields

The Paragon Shields, descendants of the proud raven lord, and upholders of the long held Sable Brand, they were those ready to strike, and stand against at their own lives, but numbering less than 300, the chapter's greatest tradition and a strong value, had to be changed. Could they take a modified version Tri-fold path of shadows, the stealth, ambush and vigilance of their distant father chapter. They would have speed, focus and planning, strike at the snake's head before it can even find it's prey.

The Paragon Shields called upon this doctrine rarely used, only in times of emergency. Now Bror is leading less than half his chapter in a universe where they now need to rebuild their stockpile of everything. 

The World of Umbara was a good starting world to fight in true battle, one they were not behind unforgotten. Upon the completion of the Emperor's Crusade, they would request this world, both for recruitment and for authority over. The squads moved to close in on an airbase, seeing the tower, the plan was simple, move over the walls, and attack the enemy's armory, blowing it before moving to take command of the HQ of the base.

The attack commenced. The Land speeder flew over the wall and then was followed by squads with Jump packs. The attack came from many directions, the push to the armory was so fast, the Umbarans running to get into the pilot seats of the air craft were shot before they could even sit down. 

The attack got to the armor, and with a single charge set on a timer, the armory building would detonate in a series of explosions that lead to it collapsing. The Command center was just as quickly stormed, Storm Ravens dropping marines in the roof of the HQ, and took command. 

The Spears would march up the road and reach the air base, before then turning to march on the capital. 

"With our luck, the battle will be over in days. This world will be excellent for training." Lacedaemon explained.

"Very good. Now we just need to ensure the shield generator around the city falls, then we can launch the Sciritae into their city." Lacedaemon explained.

Bror approached.

"We can do that mission, me and my company, will move in through the city, and deactivate the shield generator. Then you can launch your drop pod assault onto them." Bror explained

Lacedaemon thought about this, and approved, he would accept this. Moving to the capital city, and entering the dark sewer systems, the team move until they were near where the power station was. The power station was close to the City's shield Generator. As the squad climbed out of the sewers, and would move quickly into the restricted section of the city that held the shield generator. As the squad looked at the large mechanical device, a simple choice was made, destroy or try and turn it off.

Several melta charges turned the machine off for good. However, that was not the end. With the destruction of the shield generator, a rain of heavy metal pods would slam into the city, and when opening, let out squads of Terminators that moved to the governmental building, and removed those in charge.

-meanwhile, in the Republic-

"This is an outrage! My world is under attack by the Imperium and you choose to do nothing!" Mee Deechi cried out to the senate.

Sly Moore also was saddened at the news of what was happening.

"The Emperor has deemed all worlds in the space of the Hutts his to conquer! Your world has become one with Humanity's greatest gifts. You are apart of the Imperium!" Arch-Deacon Celest Oslin spoke out.

"The hutts were our allies in this conflict." Palpatine stated.

"They traded slaves and were criminals, you call yourself a good man, you would have destroyed them long ago." Lanto Styce said, as he looked at the history of the hutts.

"The data shows that even in the high republic period, you had the capabilities to destroy the hutts, yet refused, as they united criminal elements. Last period of Optimal power: 987 years ago." Magos Hyin-Xi-2 stated in a flat tone.

"The hutts were criminals, but did Nar Shadda and Nal Hutta deserve what happened to them? There were millions of people on those two worlds alone." One senator cried.

"The cost to invade them would have drained the Imperium of might and resources, the destruction of the worlds was more effictive in short and long term projections." Hyin-Xi-2 stated.

Palpatine was now worried. If Skywalker was destroying worlds, how close was he from to falling to the dark. Would he still fall for Palpatine's plans....it was hard to say, but it was troubling to him.

-elsewhere-

Anakin had just cut the chains to slave holding pens, more were let out, the clones were removing collars and freeing them, taking them to ground transports to be sent into space and eventually let out tot he galaxy, or join the Imperium.

This was the 17th mine he had liberated, Ahsoka had liberated 12 and Red was on his 10th. 

"There are a group held up in a large spice mine, They came long ago, near the start of the clone wars, and spoke of granting great power to the Pykes. They've been carting slaves off, and no one knows what happens, they just never return." one slave said to Anakin.

"Do you know which mine?" Anakin asked.

"It's known as the dark, Mine 001." the slave said.