World of 2 Suns

Lord Commander Osweic, survivor of the Mandalore campaign, was now looking at the latest batch of recruits from Mandalore, the Mandalorian Airborne's first company.

His injury was one that needed a lot of repairs, if he had to guest, nearly 20% of him was now mechanical, lungs, both of his legs, and an arm, he had more parts that were not his own, having been transplanted in him. He looked at the Commissar, as she looked at the regiment.

"Sir, this regiment is ready to prove itself in the Emperor's name." The commissar said.

Osweic approached the captain of the regiment, Pre Vizsla.

"You." Osweic said, pointing his metallic hand at the captain.

"Yes Lord Commander?" Vizsla asked.

"What do you say to searching for a few pirates." Osweic asked.

"Sounds like you're underestimating our skills." Vizsla said with a smirk.

Osweic smiled at that response.

"Commissar. I think it's best if you skip over their patrol missions. I want you to take this regiment to aid in extinguishing the hostiles on the planet of Tatooine, there are groups who want to slow the construction of the Monument to the great Mother." Osweic explained, looking at the Commissar.

"Understood lord Commander. Troops. Prepare. We are on our way to the one of the most holy sites in all of the Imperium." the Commissar announced loudly.

-later-

"Now here we are, tracking through the damn desert, looking for people who wear sand colored clothing, for hundreds of miles, without a sign of civilization, or a sign of water. Who's idea was this!!!!" cried out the commissar, as they closed the hatch and sat inside of the transport that was just  a bit cooler than the outside.

The convoy of land vehicles moved through the Dune Sea, trying to hunt a band of tuscan raiders who were attacking transports between the Noble Estate of the Lars family, and the recently subjugated Mos Eisley Port. The Imperial Labor Corps were still working on building the statue of holy mother Shmi Skywalker, who gave an immaculate birth to the New Form of the Emperor. 

"Yeah, so, I get that we are now apart of the Imperium, but....why are they worshiping a jedi?" Bo Katan asked Vizsla.

"From how I understand it, they are extra-galactic, and their original Emperor, is very powerful jedi or something, like, insanely powerful. Well, he was on a throne of gold for 10 thousand years, and now they think the Jedi is the Emperor cause one of their Gun Nuns had a vision, and he brought her back to life from near death and she had mystical powers now." Vizsla explained.

The Commissar fired a shot the bounced off of Vizsla's helmet and into the floor. A younger commissar slapped the gun away.

"New order in the Scholar sir, no execution of soldiers for theoretical heresies, they have to show absolute signs or betray the Imperium." the younger commissar said, looking at the older one. 

The caravan stopped and everyone left the vehicles. Outside was a massive statue of a woman, with a set of massive wings. Her hands cupped and poured water from them. A large lake had formed around the statue, and a large walled estate stretched quite some distance round the lake. 

"So....This is the place we are guarding? A moisture farm?" Bo Katan asked.

"Not just a Moisture farm, the largest on the planet now." a Tech Priest said.

The group watched as their vehicles had water washed over and some was being placed in glass bottles by hand, little larger than 2 ounces. There were also a group that was being dunked in the water, with some celebration as the person was brought back up from being submerged.

"Religious weirdos." a mandalorian said.

"It's like swimming in the living waters." another said sarcastically.

"It's different." the first mandalorian said.