The Spears of Diomedes

Lacedeamon was smiling, he was leading a pitched battle, he was on the ground, advancing with this chapter. They were invading a dark world of Umbara the landing attack was pushing on the capital and an air base. 

The advancing marines were watching as the Legion was charging in with them, pushing a ridge with Umbaran Hover tanks firing disks of energy at the advancing Leman Russ tanks. The Space marines blasted the pilot and vehicles, finding them easy to destroy. The Umbarans themselves would flee in terror as the marines rushed forward. 

As the ridge was pushed, the Umbarans would find the first of the terrifying acts they committed.  Just as the Umbarans would retreat just past the ridge line. The Paragon Shield chapter would emerge from the darkness, and strike, using blades and claws to cut through the enemy. There was also the consumption of the enemy.

Lacedaemon would approach Bror Shev, the chapter master, as he dined on the brain of an Umbaran he had decapitated. The Marine sat on a pile of bodies.

"What is it you have learned?" Lacedaemon asked, leaning on the spear as he stopped to speak with the son of the Raven.

As the leader of the Paragon shields took a bite from the brain, chewed on it and swallowed it, he looked at the Warrior King.

"If you plan to march your way up the road. It's a poor plan, they will try and ambush you with some crawler tanks, and heavy cannon platforms." Bror elaborated.

"So what is the plan now?" Lacedaemon asked, scowling at Bror as he tossed aside the brain, and stood up.

"If you will lend me your heavy weapons teams, we will move in stealth forward, and strike the vehicles with Plasma cannons and Krak missile launchers." Bror explained.

Lacedaemon ran through his mental list, 5th squad of the 12th were a bit quieter, and careful. they would do.

"Areus, report to the claimed ridge with your squad, I am in need of your unique attributes." Lacedaemon explained.

Within minutes a squad of devastator marines approached, and slammed their fists into their chests.

"What is your wish of us Warrior King?" Areus asked.

"Take your squad with the Paragon Shields, you will be destroying cowards who wish to ambush our force." Lacedaemon explained.

"I shall take my force and destroy the cowards. We are hunting armor?" He asked.

"Yes. Grab a head, it is best to learn the weakness from the enemy themselves." Bror explained, pointing at a pile of bodies, this body still happen to have heads.

"The eating of the dead is poor form, and low honor. We will eat the living, as they have put forth a fight, but the dead lack the chance." Areus stated.

"You hounds and your honor. The dead are what can teach us many things. Come, My men will point to where you strike." Bror said, as he stood up and walk to the woods.

Areus and his squad carried the heavy weapons as they followed the paragon shield. The progress through the woods, until they neared a clearer section.

"Why did you stop?" Areus asked, confused.

"We are here. I shall shine a target light on the area you are to strike with the Krak missile and Plasma cannon." the shield said, using an infrared laser to target the ground. 

The 2 krak missiles and 1 plasma cannon fired at the ground, before a series of explosions rocked the ground, blowing up several areas at once and creating a ditch. The ground burst open along the road, showing massive segmented armored body and legs.

"Crawler tanks. Aim for the faces, that is where they are weak!" A plasma blast fired through the head and detonated the length of the body, having it explode each segment until it collapsed. 

"That is one threat, but we will need heavy weapons support. Does your legion of the Honored have a bane blade it can use?" Bror asked.

"No, but we have a Sabre Strike Tank." Areus stated.

A bit short, but I don't know what else to put and have struggled to write this for a week.