The Stand of the Rightous

On Cannath, a world in the midrim, a joint Imperial Republic force was fighting to retake the world, and were now currently trying to make a landing zone for more reinforcements. 

A force from the Regiments of Lansar,  had been tasked with to clear the skies of AA fire in the region, but now were dealing with the droid and militia forces who contested the landing. The Republic had joined in the invasion, having a battalion of clones fight with the soldiers.

The Commander of the Lansar forces, a commissar named Haller was organizing the defense as his regiment defended the landing zone, a valley between two mountains, wide enough that a Republic Assault ship and Imperial Drop Ships could deploy forces, however, they couldn't as multiple anti-orbital guns were moved into range, effectively cutting off the mixed forces.

The Forces had been under constant combat conditions, leaving a trail of injured Clones and Guardsmen, and destroyed vehicles. AT-TE's, RX-200 assault tanks, and swoop bikes were all about, at a time used as cover, until they were destroyed beyond use by the militia. Chimeras, tauroxs and Sentinels were all spread out, equally destroyed, leaving the imperials and republic forces with little armor support.

The current was had been going for around a day, leaving a lot of the clones and guardsmen tired from the constant combat, with several injured having to fight to defend their location.

"It be real nice to have a space marine force right about now!" a guardsmen yelled, as a laser hit near his firing position.

"It would be great for air support right about now." A clone said.

"Radio is back on sir!" a technician said, as he grabbed his las gun and moved to the front line.

Commissar Haller walked to the radio and picked up the vox and headset, setting his hat that had 3 seperate holes in it on top of the radio.

"This is Commissar Haller, My unit is holding onto the opening of the valley, where are our reinforcements?" he asked, annoyed.

"Haller, your position has heavy A-O coverage, we can not send down landers or Valkyrie support, you will have to withdraw from the position in order to get fresh units." was said on the other end.

"We can not withdraw from the position, our vehicles have nearly all been destroyed and the fre remaining, the tech priests refuse to leave. You will have to come to us." Commissar said, drawing his las-pistols and firing at a set of droids that leapt over the trenches and were beyond  the barricade.

As one of the battle tanks fired it's main battle cannon, destroying one of the last armored units in this attack, the enemy slowly drew back, before they were out of range and sight.

"Squads, sound off." Commissar Haller commanded, stepping away from the radio to see what the situation was.

Squads 7, 8, 10, 11, 12 and 15 were at near full strength, no additional wounded. Squads 1, 2, 4, 6, 14 were still good, minor wounds, a few men need to be moved, either dead or too injured to continue. Squads 3, 5, 9, 13 and 16 half strength. Squads 17-20 would be integrated into the half strength squads.

The clones weren't doing much better. They were closer to half strength with the number of clones dead. The forces had combined to make it easier to manage.

"Medics, look at the wounded, if they can not be useful, give them the Emperor's Mercy. If you are low on ammo, grab some now, give any grenades you have to the soldiers with grenade launchers, heavy weapon teams, only fire on groups of enemies, don't waste ammo on the speeders, let the squads pick them off." Haller ordered, before he picked up his hat and put it back on..

He looked at his forces, he saw the looks on their faces. They lacked hope, they fear they would be left here to die as a new landing zone was made, they would stand alone. He saw one guardsmen drop his lasgun and curl into a ball, crying.